cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use RFC/BAPI under WinCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a mobile device (Pocket PC - WinCE) for doing some goodsmovements in our storages. The pocket PC uses Wifi to connect to our network. The programm i made under WinDev-Mobile runs fine in test on my desktop-PC. This because it uses the LIBRFC32.DLL installed on my PC (maybe also other ocx etc.). Once the program runs on the pocket PC and want to logon to SAP, i get a error message 'object "SAP.BAPI.1" is not installed on the system'.

Is there somebody who knows what i have to do / install on the pocket side?

All help or tricks are welcome ....

Yves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

Could you please clarify the following!

Are you using Mobile Infrastructure Framework?

Are you having a JDK installed on your Pocket PC?

If you don't have MI Framework, you need a JVM on your Pocket PC. And please do let us know what kind of application invokes JCo call to your Backend.

Regards

~A.k.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunkumar,

JDK, MI frameword, JVM, JCo, it's not so clear for me. I'm new in this...

I start from scratch. The only thing i did till now is connect the pocket PC on our network via Wifi (witch is OK). So you may tell me what i have to install (and if you please, where i can find it!).

The software I use is WinDev-Mobile. And its using (hmm, it should use) the ActiveX components. Just like Visual Basic or Excel.

Yves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

JDK, MI, JVM, JCo.... forget about all of these...

Go to Microsoft site. Download the Software Development Kit for Pocket PC. Migrate (reWrite) your Desktop applciation to suit Pocket PC. Then deploy it on the same. You may do the sample deployment on EMULATORS that can be downloaded from Microsoft site itself. Emulator is a kind of program which will give u an image of your device on which you may perform all operaitons you do on your original device.

this, i know only conceptually. i answered your query thinking it was a java based app. but later realized it was a WinDev-Mobile application.

This should do i guess..

~A.k.

Message was edited by:

Arunkumar Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Just downloaded SDK for pocket (129 MB) and tried to install, but SDK needs Embedded C++ 4.0 installed. Another download (230 Mb). The installation of Embedded C++ needs a key :-(. So I stopped there.

I could be the solution, but i'm not sure.

More ideas ?

Yves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

If you would ask me, i would suggest you to try the same scenario in Mobile Infrastructure. You may find the documentation of the same in https://www.sdn.sap.com/mobile (see the links on the left n bottom of the page)

This is based on Java. and it is tightly coupled with SAP Backend. so it makes your life easier to call the backend RFCs. May be if you are lucky, you may find a business package (pre configured applications) that will suit your purpose. There are a few available like Mobile Time n Travel, Mobile Asset Management, Mobile Sales etc.

Otherwise, you may use the APIs available in this framework and write an application to call the BAPIs.

Try this out... And i can bet, you may get a lot of responses on this Forum in the event of a problem if you are trying this option out. All of us (save a few) work on this Framework.

Good luck!

Right Away,

~Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just created a winSock-server between the PDA and SAP. It works.

Thanks for your help

Yves

Answers (0)