cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM uses incorrect EPS inbox directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with implementing support packages using JSPM.

JSPM reads the inbox of the local server instead of the global EPS inbox.

I have defined the hostname alias in the hosts file. When I check in RZ10 the DIR_EPS_ROOT points to the global EPS inbox. And when I use transaction SPAM to import the ABAP stack, it reads the correct EPS inbox.

But when I use JSPM it keeps pointing to the local server instead of the global EPS inbox defined in DIR_EPS_ROOT.

Can someone help me with this?

We are using NW04S ABAP+Java running on a WIN 2003 Enterprise server.

Kind regards,

Henk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

These are two different things:

What you are gettin in spam is perfectly ok.

Now in case of JSPM ,it always points to local EPS directory,you cannot use JSPM to deploy components remotely.So nothing is work with it.

You can use SPAM tp patch your abap part and JSPM to patch the java part by putting the sca's in the local EPS directory that is \usr\sap\trans\EPS\in.

In case you have any other querries revert back.

Reward with suitable points:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but on the development machine it worked correctly. So it is possible to have JSPM point to the global EPS directory.

I only have this problem on our QA system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please go through the link?

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I checked the other thread, but didn't find anything that could solve my problem.

I don't get an error, except that no new support packages are available. But this is because JSPM looks in the wrong place, i.e. the local EPS inbox instead of the global inbox.

Henk