cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hii xi experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

i just got one doubt while doing file to file.

when iam using NFS protocel in file adapter where i can find the option to put ip adress of terget system its there when iam using FTP but i cant fine when iam using NFS.

waiting for ur response.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you select NFS, the file directory should be the same directory as your XI 's file path. NFS cannot be used to pull a file from any other Folder in any other machine.

In case you need to pull files from another machine other then the XI server you need a FTP server.

Check this blog,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: Please use meaningful subjects to your post and please read the Rules of Engagement on the Do's and Dont's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

with nfs you dont connect to an external IP.

So, there wont be an IP field.

"//hostname" will be the machine you would be connecting to.

/

you can also enter the IP of the network com like //172.4.5.78/foldername

i.e

WIth NFS,

Source Directory : //hostname/path/to/folder

or

//172.3.5.78/path/to/folder

regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>you can also enter the IP of the network com like //172.4.5.78/foldername</i>

This does not work. Even if the ports are open and XI has all authorizations, the file adapter will not be able to pick the file and will give the error, Source Directoty not available.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh

I meant to connect to a computer on the same network as XI .

say for eg if i am able to connect to //123.44.55.33/test from XI server thru Explorer , then I should be able to connect to it by specifying the same in CC . Am i right?

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to share that folder to you as a drive and the same shoudl be accesss to the Server itself..try ,

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you are on the same network, firewall ports are open, NFS will search for files only on the XI server.

I was under the same assumption that it will work, but it does not.

Just give it a shot if not convinced as I lost a bet with one of my colleagues once that it will work when it did not. NFS allows files only on the XI server.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

Here is what i tried.

IP of XI : 172.14.5.139

IP of the network folder : 172.14.5.140

I gave the IP of the network folder in the CC directory as

//172.14.5.140/path/to/folder and also as

//hostname/path/to/folder

the file adapter was able to successfully poll the file

Regards

krishna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

My XI was running on a windows based server when I gave it a shot and it didnt work. I still remember very well that the ports were open as we were able to ping my local machine etc from the XI server etc.

But now that you have given this a shot I think i need to revisit this and get back on this. Will try this and confirm. Thanks for the update.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

Please do confirm . Thanks

Meanwhile, i checked the help doc for the sender file adapter

This if how it reads for the Source Directory

<i>Specify the directory where the files to be processed are located.

You can either specify the entire name or a <b>name relative to the working directory of the Adapter Engine</b>. In all platforms (including Windows), use a forward slash (/) to separate directory names in accordance with the Java specification.</i>

here, what does "relative to the working directory of the AE" imply? Where can we find that info??

regards

krishna

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've managed to make it work through unix (solaris) systems, using mounted folders over the remote systems.

I've never tried it on windows, though, but I have no reason to think it won't work.

Maybe you got some bugged SP level, Bhavesh?

Give it another shot.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks henrique for getting some support from the UNIX side for this issue.

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My PI 7.0 serever is based on Windows and my SP level is 09. I have tried this using NFS protocol to poll a file from my local machine (Not XI server and my machine is on the same network, both have the same domain). XI server is unable to find the directory in my local machine.

Also, the fiolder in my machine is shared with full access.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Btw, i am on sp15

Regards

krishna