cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of Adobe Form from Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you please support me with the following problem:

I created an Adobe Form, which contains several mandatory fields. The Submit-button of the form is positioned in the WebDynpro-View, in which the Adobe Form is embedded, but not within the Adobe Form. I choce this way in order to avoid a useless submit button in the Adobe Form for the Offline Scenario.

(How) is it possible to do a validation check in the Adobe Form if all mandatory fields are filled by clicking the Submit button outside the Form?

Thanks in advance,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I beleive if you make the option as mandatory in the value palllette, you wont need to do any extra coding.

If this doesnt work and you need to do the validation only on clicking the button, do the coding in the onSubmit button so that a message is displayed accordingly.

Rgds,

Anto.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

That would be done exactly the same as checking mandatory text fields in a standard Web Dynpro application, the fact that you use an interactive form makes no difference. Whether you click on a submit button in the form or a button in the Web Dynpro, the end result is simply that the entered data is transferred to the Web Dynpro context and an action is triggered. In the action (Web Dynpro code) you can check if the data in the context is valid, e.g. mandatory fields or whatever validation you like. However, if you want to do validation in the form itself, so mandatory fields are also checked offline, you have to use scripting in the form itself.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

you can use a technique described in http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/06/ , the article Process All Fields. In place of Email Submit Button used in this example, use Submit button from the tab Web Dynpro Native (for ZCI layout) or from the tab Web Dynpro ActiveX (for xACF layout).

Regards

Michal