cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapgui 6.20 and ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please tell me if you have experimented the usage of a sapgui 6.20 for ECC6.

I am asking this as I have read that sapgui 6.40 is not supported on a windows NT 4...

Thanking you in advance for your help

Kind regards

Tewfik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this document for all details on comaptibility and most important support

[Removed by the moderator.]

Eddy

-

PS. Which type of S(D)N Ubergeek are <a href="/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/05/14/which-type-of-sdn-ubergeekbpx-suit-are-you">you</a>?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy

Thanks for the link.

Not clear about your question.

My issue is that we have an important (unfortunatelly...) population of end users having windows NT 4, and we know that we cannot install a Sapgui 6.40 on these Pcs as not supported.

I am then wondering if as an alternative to this we can use the sapgui6.20 with ECC6 while the IT dept will plan an upgarde of NT4 OS to XP.

Best regards

Tewfik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you follow Eddy's link you can read the following:

<i>SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 and 6.40 are not only "downward compatible" in regards to SAP System, but also "upwards compatible". This means that you can use a SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 with SAP Systems based on SAP Netweaver 2004 and even SAP Netweaver 2004s (for NetWeaver 2004s based systems the following restrictions apply: BI 7.0 and SCM 5.0 require SAP GUI for Windows 6.40 Compilation 4 or higher due to new frontend components only available as of this compilation)</i>

I can assure that's true, because we had several users working with 6.20 on ECC6 during our upgrade project facing no problems.

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter and Eddy

Many thanks for your answers.

Best regards

Tewfik

Answers (0)