cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In a project when material is attached to activity, the material cost gets reflected :

1. in the planned/actual cost for activity

2. in cost planning against the particular wbs.

In my case, the cost is shown at activty level but it is not flowing to respective wbs. Valuated stock is enabled.

Can anyone suggest the possible reasons why cost is not flowing to wbs and is retained at activty level.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

For making this to happen, you need to do minor customization in the below mentioned path:

Project System > Costs > Planned Costs > Define Order Value Updating for Orders for Projects

Select the Appended plan update, "Indicator which determines how the plan values for an order/network for the project are included in the plan value for the relevant WBS element"

Hope this will solve your problem.

Reward me accordingly.

Harisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harisha,

Thanx a lot, problem is solved.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

The Cost of the activity gets transferred to the higher WBS only when the WBS to which this activity is assigned is ticked with Planning and account assignment elements.

Rgds,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The wbs has those check boxes ticked.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Check and inform me that whether you assigned the activities to the WBS or Network header.

In PS the cost flows to the project in two ways.

1. From Activity to related assigned WBS and finally to project header.

2. From Activity to related Network header and finally to project header.

Rgds,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

The activity was assigned to wbs and the network (which is activity account assigned) got created in background. So the method adopted was right.

Regards