cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button on column header for an ALV output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In ALV output we see first coulmn with buttons with which you select the entire row. Now I would like to select entire column. Is it possible to have buttons for column headers so that I can select that particular column?

In normal ALV grid output this is possible I think. Can we have that in WD as well.

If yes, how can we achieve that?

Pls suggest.

Thank You,

Gajendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do this indirectly..

m_alv_model->IF_WD_TABLE_SETTINGS~SET_DATA_CHECK( IF_SALV_WD_C_TABLE_SETTINGS=>DATA_CHECK_ON_CELL_EVENT )

Create as many atrributes as number of columns, of type STRING in the same Node that is bound to ALV Table.

Attr_Col1, Attr_Col2.....etc

Bind the CellDesign property of each column to the corresponding attribute in the Node.

ref_col1 = m_alv_model->IF_SALV_WD_COLUMN_SETTINGS~get_column( 'col1' ).

ref_col1->SET_CELL_DESIGN_FIELDNAME( 'Attr_Col1' ).

and so on.....

In the Data_Check Event handler, you will retrive the ID of column Clicked.

Create a value for CellDesign (goodvalue_light, badvalue_light etc) in the corresponding attribute of the Node.

This would cause the color of the entrire column clicked, to change.

And u have the ID of the Column clicked in the Action Handler of onAction to find out which column is clicked.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

I have a similar requirement as yours where I want to select an entire column. Is this possible? Did you find out any solution? If so, pls tell me as how to do the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

That is not possible yet in Webdynpros. I have some work around to meet my requirement. I have to copy entire selected column. So when I press on copy button I am coming up with a dropdowm where Iam listing all the existing column names in that ALV table and I select one column from drop down and I copy all contents of that colummn.

I dont know how far its help you.

Thank You,

Gajendra.