cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIelement property with context property binden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody

I have a context node with a few elements and UIelemets according to this context nodes elements (every node element has corresponding UIelement e.g. checkbox). I would like to bind the UIelement property with the property of corresponding node element.

Is that possible? When yes why can I that make?

Regards Bogdan

Message was edited by: Bogdan Rokosa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bodgan,

When you do a UI Binding, this is automatically done.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

Unfortunately not exactly:( That works when the checkboxes are in the table, but when they are not in table all chechkboxes have the same state.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot bind a UI element property against a node <b>element </b>but only against a node or attribute.

Node elements are runtime entities whereas nodes/attributes are design time entities.

What is exactly your use case? Perhaps a CheckBoxGroup could be appropriate?

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin

I know that I can binding to node element in design time:) but I hoped that ist that possible in run time:(

I would like show the user list (not in the table) with checkbox corresponding to the users. The list ist created dynamically, so i would like to bind the check property with an attribute of user. I have find one solution - during create the list i create dynamically a property in temporary node (for every created checkbox) und bind the check property with this created property. Uff that is a little embroiled description - sorry. That solution works, but is possibly better solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to achive the following?

You create a list of users, stored as node elements of a node with cardinality 0:N, right?

Now you want to have for each user a checkbox. When a checkbox is toggled, you want to change an attribute of the corresponding user.

One solution would be using a table with a CheckBox as table cell editor. Bind the CheckBox.onToggle event to an action. In the action handler, you can determine the node element (user) corresponding to the check box and the new state of the check box. This information may be used to change the user data accordingly.

The connection between the event parameter ("checked"), node element and action handler parameters may be defined using parameter mapping.

If you do not want to use a table, you could dynamically create checkboxes (in method wdDoModifyView()), but I would not suggest this.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like that without table make, so I must the dynamically created properties use.

Thanks a lot

Regards Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I Think u have to give a value Attribute to the Checked Property of the Check Box Ui Elemnt and change it according to the Situation.

i.e make them check and unCheck.

The Value Attribute shuld be of typew boolean

With Wishes

Krishna kanth