cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Select Options!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my WDA screen i have two Select-Option fields(Ex. RANGE_A and RANGE_B). Now, after selecting some values in RANGE_A, when i click on RANGE_B F4 icon, i want to generate the list of legal values in Runtime based on the values that were selected in RANGE_A. How exactly do i pass the range list values for RANGE_A to RANGE_B Function Exit?

Apart from this i have one more question on WDA Select-Options. In WDA Select-Options, Multiple Selection window we have two options, <b>Import from Text File</b> and <b>Import from Clipboard</b> options that are available for importing data. By default they don't seem to work. How to make them work?

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

russell_day2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried this and eventually, it works. You have to be quite careful about selecting the structure for I_VALUE_HELP_STRUCTURE, though. If you are taking it for a drive, and copying from WDR_TEST_SELECT_OPTIONS, you should use SFLIGHT, not SPFLI!

Edited by: Russell Day on Jan 6, 2008 5:52 AM

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

The first issue of having dependent fields in value help within select options has been implemented in a later support package. Just search for notes. You will find the proper one easily.

Regarding your second question concerning the two buttons: They were reserved for future enhancements, but since it had turned out these two enhancements won't come that soon, they have been removed in a later SP. There's a note explaining the details.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I searched for the Notes related to Select-Options and found following two that seemed related to my question:

<b>947622 - Missing Functions in Select Options

934575 - Cross-field Search Help in Select Options</b>

Are these the Notes you hinted about? Even though if i have the required Support Package implemented, how exactly i can pass the range values from one Select Option to other Select Option range in the same view?

Regards,

Vasu

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Yes, telling from the description, these are the notes. If a DDIC search help was used, the interconnected fields are taken into account automatically, if the two new parameters i_value_help_structure and i_value_help_structure_field are filled properly according to what was defined within the ddic search help.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks again for the quick reply. I modified my WD and tried as per your reply, but still i don't get the values copied from my other Select Option field into the one i need. I am assigning the Search Help to my Select Option field using the following code:

lt_range_table = wd_comp_controller->m_handler->create_range_table( i_typename = 'ZTST_TYPE_1' ).

wd_comp_controller->m_handler->add_selection_field(
	    i_id                         = 'ZTST_TYPE_1'    "Data Element
	    it_result                    = lt_range_table
	    i_no_intervals               = abap_true
	    i_value_help_structure       = 'ZTST_S_1'   "Structure with Search Help Assigned
	    i_value_help_structure_field = 'FIELD1'      "Field from Structure
        ).

lt_range_table = wd_comp_controller->m_handler->create_range_table( i_typename = 'ZTST_TYPE_2' ).

wd_comp_controller->m_handler->add_selection_field(
	    i_id                         = 'ZTST_TYPE_2'   "Data Element
	    it_result                    = lt_range_table
	    i_no_intervals               = abap_true
	    i_value_help_structure       = 'ZTST_S_2'  "Structure with Search Help Assigned
	    i_value_help_structure_field = 'FIELD2'     "Field from Structure
        ). 

From above code, i have made sure that FIELD1 and FIELD2 have the same type and data element assigned in Search Help. ZTST_S_2 structure containts two fields, FIELD1 and FIELD2, having FIELD1 as import parameter and FIELD2 as both import and export parameter.

Now, as per your reply, since the FIELD1 is common in both Select Option fields, shouldn't the data be copied to FIELD2 Select Option as well? Did i miss anything?

Also, I hope that you are aware that i am talking about copying ranges from one Select Option to the other in the same view. And for your information my SAP_BASIS Component Release is 700 and the applied Patch level is 10.

Thanks and Regards,

Vasu

Message was edited by:

Vasu