Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help -> running the Persistence Example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running on NW2004s SPS10

Please somebody has a Persistence example?? I can't run the SAP examples on my PDA (Dell AXIM X51v +Windows Mobile 2005) i found this information in the SAP Note 717510

<i>MDK: Links to MI client home page <b>are not working</b> in some example programs

Application is working fine but for the ME Home link for 3 MDK applications: MDK_persistence_query_sortJSP, MDK_persistence_queryJSP and MDK_persistence_simpleJSP.

( Changed at 30.04.2007 )</i>

I would like to run the MDK_persistence_simpleJSP

There is another Persistence example? Can somebody give me a link to download it. I want to learn how to use the persistence api, but without any running example is very difficult to test the code.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick

The Examples given in the NWDS has problem only with the Home page.

i,e. When you click the SAP Mobile Infrastructure image in the application you will

get following error "Application 'MOBILEENGINE_JSP' is not registered; upload application to the Webconsole." and rest all functionality is working.

Download the application war file from NWDS. Upload this War file in NWA and assign this application to your client and Sync. You can work with Application Except with the above mentioned problem.

Application example can be downloaded from here also..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eba3a7-0601-0010-b982-92f...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all! Thank a lot for your replies.

I run the MDK_PERSISTENCE_QUERYJSP in the Windows XP SAP Mobile Client, it runs Perfect!

But when i try to run it on my PDA it give me this error:

Error: 500

Location: /MDK_PERSISTENCE_QUERYJSP/jsp/menu.jsp Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPerror: Invalid class file format: /MI/webapps/MDK_PERSISTENCE_QUERYJSP/WEB-INF/lib/MDK_persistence_queryJSP.jar(persistenceexample2/PersistenceExample.class), wrong version: 48, expected 45

/MI/work/localhost_8080%2FMDK_PERSISTENCE_QUERYJSP/_0002fjsp_0002fmenu_0002ejspmenu_jsp_0.java:15: Class persistenceexample2.PersistenceExample not found in import.

import persistenceexample2.PersistenceExample;

^

2 errors

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile()

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP()

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP()

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP()

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary()

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service()

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile()

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service()

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.doForward()

at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.dispatchRequest()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGetNotThreadSafe()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGet()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection()

at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt()

at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run()

at java.lang.Thread.run()

But this has no sense!! since both Windows XP MI Client and PDA MI CLient are at the same version. So It run in my Desktop but not in my PDA.

I saw the menu.jsp file

They used the PersistenceExample class in two places:

At the beginning of the JSP: <b><%@ page import="persistenceexample2.PersistenceExample" %></b>

And here:

String value = dataBean.getTableContent(i, j);

if (i > 1) {

<b>value = PersistenceExample.encodeForHtml(value);</b>

}

if (value.trim().length() < 1){

value = " ";

From a point of view of Java, everything appear to be "OK"

The other error is about a "version" should i configured the application to Version 45 in the nwa when i deploy the application?

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Your Desktop PC will have JVM (Java Virtual Machine) on it.

I am afraid, you might not have installed JVM on you PDA.

CrEme is an augmented Java Virtual Machine, specially configured to run on the Windows CE environment. see if this is installed, else

you can get it from here: http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159

I suggest CrEme 3.27

Hope this helps

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

I tested this example in PDA and it works fine for me, except for the Home link.

But looking at the error given by you "Invalid class file format: /MI/webapps/MDK_PERSISTENCE_QUERYJSP/WEB-<b>INF/lib/MDK_persistence_queryJSP.jar</b>[(persistenceexample2/PersistenceExample.class"

if you are working with JSP Runtime, application will be in WAR file and if it is AWT runtime application will be in JAR file. But your log says that MDK_persistence_queryJSP.jar...

Please check for the application once more. As it is working fine for me!!!!

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya, Lakshmi.

This is my JVM configuration:

On the Mobile server: Java 1.4.2_11

On the SAP Developer Studio Machine (ver. 7.0.10) : Java 1.4.2_11

On my PDA (DELL Axim x51v + windows mobile 2005): CrEme327d_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal

The mobile client for NW2004s SP 10

My problem is when i try to run the application from the home link. There is another form to run the programs without the home link? i only can see:

Log Off || Info || Messages || Settings || Manage Password || Trace

If you go to Info you can see the installed applications, in my case:

MOBILEENGINE_JSP Version 70100

MDK_PERSISTENCE_SIMPLEJSP Version 0.1

but i can't run the MDK_PERSISTENCE_SIMPLEJSP from here, how did you run the program without the Home Link??

Respect to the .jar extension, from the Netweaver Developer Studio i <b>Export </b>the project example into the file: MDK_PERSISTENCE_SIMPLEJSP.war after that i deploy this file with to NWA finally i assign the application to my PDA, i can run the others SAP example but i having problems with the Persistence Example.

Please can you say me the Export options that you use to Export the project into the MDK_PERSISTENCE_SIMPLEJSP.war file.

For example:

1.Right Click on the Project node -> Export -> MI: Export project into a MI archive -> Select the Project ->

MI application name: (.war) MDK_persistence_simpleJSP

MI application folder: C:\Archivos de Programa\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\webapps

CHECK (YES or NO) Include the source code of the project

CHECK (YES or NO) Add JSP as compiled classes

Application has to be deployed with the MI Web Console

URL pattern: /start

CHECK(YES or NO) Uppercase for MI archive name

CHECK(YES or NO) Start MI Homepage when browser is launched

Resource bundles will be placed in the /WEB-INF/classes folder

<b>Class files will be included in the /WEB-INF/lib/application.jar file</b>

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

In the Netweaver Admin UI, when you upload the war file in the Mobile Archive Converter page, there is a check box "Link to SAP MI Homepage". Only if you check this, the link for the application will appear on the MI Home page when you deploy the application.

I guess you have unchecked this by mistake when you uploaded the war file.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Pls first try out Sandeep's option.

From your question i understand you need the metho to deploy

"Please can you say me the Export options that you use to Export the project into the MDK_PERSISTENCE_SIMPLEJSP.war file."..........

1.After importing the application and making necessary changes(Say in UI or adding your own code). you need to export it to .war file

2. Click on the project. Select File->Export->MI: Export project into a MI archive -> select the one you want to upload.

3. MI Folder: provide the path(C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\webapps) where you have places .xml file.

4. click on the Radio button "Keep Generated...."

5. Check the check-box "Run Mobile applicaton...." if it not the first time deployment. Else it will be disabled.

6. URL pattern check "Uppercase...."

7. Click Finish

8. Then go to Web Console.

9. In Upload Mobile Comp you will find your MCD. click the change button to provide the .war file.

10. Assign it to your device.

Next time onwards(if you are working from Desktop client, check "Run the Mobile App Option).

You might have missed to some or the other option. Please rework on that.

Hope this helps

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

Thanks a lot!!!

The key was this:

<b>4. click on the Radio button "Keep Generated...."</b>

I never used this option!

Now it works on my PDA!

The add button functions perfectly, but for example the Delete button does not work you can select son item (in this case for example a ford car) them try to delete it, but it remain in the table.

In any case, thanks a lot for your help!!

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I always select this option.

Erick.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Try out this one if you have missed it earlier,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/go/km/docs/library/mobile/mobile%20infrastructure/mobile%20development%2...

<b>it is Storing, Retrieving and Query of an Object with Attributes example. Hope this helps</b>

In case you have gone through earlier, i suggest you refer the API set again and understand why each method is used and is called. try to scan each line of it. let me tell you i learnt many other examples like that.

<b>API set:</b> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/go/km/docs/library/mobile/mobile%20infrastructure/mobile%20development%2...

<b>and refer this release notes:</b> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/go/km/docs/library/mobile/mobile%20infrastructure/mobile%20development%2...

If you still have any problems, please post it here.

Regards

Divya

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

The persistence examples can be downloaded from the Netweaver Development Studio MDK. The note just indicates that only the home link in the 3 example programs are not working fine.

Can you please specify the exact problem when you are trying to deploy the example program war onto your MI client?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sandeep