Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORTING DATA from VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have a "How to document on Exporting data from VC"

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8ecb47...

Which allows us to execute the report in Excel and PDF.

The problem is that, when I try to do a print PDF, the formula that is mentioned in the document will run/print the WHOLE report (which is 28000 pages) on PDF. I obviously don't want to do that.

What I want to know is how could we put restrictions or values in the formula, so that it will only execute for a particular selection and not execute the whole report.

Thanks,

Naseer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nasser,

the data are form a BI query. So why don't you use BI filters?

Best Regards,

marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I completely agree with you to restrict it on the BI level. But what really will be happening is that the users will be using the VC model and running there selections from the VC model. My BI query is an open query with VARIABLES, which will be passed by the VC model.

Hence the "Print PDF" button needs to print only the values that the user would run the VC model for. I want to know, how could I pass those variable values that the user enters on VC application and pass it on to the BI query so that the PDF will reflect the selection.

I hope I am explaining myself clearly.

Thanks for your prompt reply, now that I got your attention, please don't forget about this problem of mine The PDF functionality is extremely important for my end users.

Naseer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naseer,

I think this should be possible, because you use the web design API. I never tried, but it looks similar the Web API (maybe it's the same and only a marketing blabla). Then you can try to append you filter to the URL. It should be something like &VAR_NAM1=0CUSTOMER&VAR_VALUE1=1000 for selecting only customer 1000, e.g. you want to display the orders of customer 1000.

Search for the WEB API Docu, there are the Command URLs described.

Hope that helps and if so (rewards points ).

Seriously let me know, so that we can insert a WIKI entry.

Best Regards,

Marcel