cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Pointers in CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can create IModels for initial transfer to APO. But i am clueless to incorporate the delta changes in master data through these IModels with the help of change pointers. How can i enable them ? so far i have been doing just delete and creating the models in batch jobs. but i know with change pointers, we can carry the delta changes or new data.

can anyone please give me the detailed steps ?

thanks

narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

thank you kumar.

You removed my doubt.

thx

narendra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar and Sachin,

Thanks for your help.

So do we generally need to select the ALE Change Transfer, Periodic option ? once this is done, will it transfer all IModels delta data (active only) ?

After selection this option, do we again need to run the program: RCPTRAN4 ?

thanks a lot..

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the document for better understanding

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv241/BBLibrary/documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Message was edited by:

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Pls make the required settings through transaction CFC9 in the R/3 system. You have three options for the change pointer processing :

1.No change transfer

2.ALE Change Transfer, Periodic

3. BTE Transfer, Immediately

If you want to transfer the change pointers peridically then use program:RCPTRAN4 periodically after making the required settings.

For the change pointers to get processed, the master date should be part of acive Intergration Model.

Reg

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

There is only one configuration step which helps in doing this.

The integration models you can run them every night without deleting the old one as the new IM which has run will only be the active one and the previous run will be deactivated automatically

Use CFM1 and CFM3 to do the above

Configuring Change Transfer before changing Master Data (R/3)

Set how changes to master data that we make in SAP R/3 are transferred to SAP APO. If we do not make a setting here, master data changes are not transferred to SAP APO.
SAP documentation recommends that this be done if an active integration model exists and before changes to the master data take place.

SAP recommends that Master Data changes be done periodically and not immediately since this can easily lead to inconsistencies between the two systems.

Menu SAP Customizing Implementation Guide ® Integration with other mySAP.com Components ® Advanced Planning and Optimization ® Basic Settings for the Data Transfer ® Change Transfer ® Change Transfer for Master Data à Configure Change Transfer for Master Data
Tcode CFC9

Change Transfer of Master Data is done periodically and not immediately (same as recommended by SAP).

SAP responded to the created OSS message by suggesting that we set the ‘Re-read stock‘ indicator in this transaction. This is required since we are using Late Locking logic in R/3 and not Exclusive locks (R/3 customizing à Materials Management à General Settings à Set Material Blocks for Goods Movement.

Customizing for Material BlocK:
Material Block: 2 Late Lock
Waiting time: 10 Seconds

Change Transafer for Master Data:

Material Master Change transfer: 1

Change TRansfer for customer: 1

Change transfer for vendor: 1

Hope this helps

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Just now i came accrous your mail in that i have a dought i.e.. wat is integration modules CFM1 and CFM3 and CUS1 and CUS2.

Can you please explain and tell me where to view this integrated modules.

thanks and regards,

praveen kumar.A