cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IntervalBoundaryTypeCode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I explored the enterprise service wiki, especially the ATPCheck::FindMaterialbyIDandDescription.

(http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1kZSZjPTgwMCZkPW1pbg==)/smdisplay.asp?id=F52A58C1E4CE11DAB2BC0007E9102256&fragID=&packageid=DBBB6D8AA3B382F191E0000F20F64781&iv=)

I stumbled over one of the parameters named IntervalBoundaryTypeCode. Does anybody know what exactly that is? It is from Schema Type "Token" and has a length of 1.

What can I give as an input?

Thanks for your help

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it seems to be used in a number of Enterprise Services, though it is never really explained what it is.

From what I found I believe it is

- numeric

- 1 might be a good bet

- it is a <a href="http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060080338.html">patented(!!!) global datatype</a>; crazy world...

regards, anton

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anton,

the only question is, why can't anybody offer comments, examples, or something else to help us users...

Cheers

Stefan

AndreasHuppert
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See attachment. The data type is created and copyrighted by SAP, but its a global data type, so no secret. I just don't have a clue how someone outside SAP can access this information, so I just copy it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very nice, Andreas.

BTW: I am an SAP employee, so it would be nice to know, where to find this good definitions, b/c there are many other "funny" type defs in the service definitions.

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

The SAP fixed code list is specified for IntervalBoundaryTypeCode GDT. The codes are used to identify the interval in which the values passed can be computed.

It is the normal interval data type in which lower range and upper range values are passed. The Codes in the GDT's are used in order to find out whether the lower range value or upper value range is to be included for the further processing.

For e.g. If IntervalBoundaryTypeCode value is 6 then all the values have to be taken into consideration which are less then the upper range values.

Code value is 6

upper range EmployeeID is 1000, then all EmployeeID which are less than 1000 have to be used for further processing.

If you are an SAP employee then you can access the GDT catalogue available for all the GDT's at the path

Portal-> Workspace->Application Platform-> Architecture and Engineering-> On the right pane, you will find the GDT Catalog.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

are you telling us that you publish or deliver Enterprise Services but disclose the 'documentation' of interface parameters (GDTs) to SAP employees only?

If I may kindly ask, What's that good for?

regards,

anton

0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

I cant put those document as I am not aware of the SAP protocols for putting the documents in SDN which have not been released. However, the documents will be delivered along with the ESR contents as it will help the customers or consumer to understand the service operations or GDT's.

So, for that purpose I tried to explain the things in the best possible manner. It is just another way to spread the SAP's eSOA vision. I hope I have answered your question.

Best regards,

Amit