cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS - CATS Approval , Individual approval screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have set up the Collective and Individual approval views in MSS for CATS.

We are using the webdynpro application/direct link for " Approve Time Sheet Data".

When I click on the totals in the collective approval screen, The individual approval screen appears. There are 2 options at the bottom , previous and transfer , assuming that the "transfer" will approve the time sheet for that particular individual. But the click on transfer takes me back to the collective approval screen and then I have to "review and save" for all employees. Is there some additional config required to just approve times individually on each employee basis?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay -

You are right - I just tested it: I selected Resubmit for 1 employee and Approve All for everyone else.. when I went back in that employee set to Resubmit was still there. Kind of cumbersome/dumb, but I guess it works.

Also, on the Time Approver subject. What is the deal with not having the use of the OADP tables like everywhere else in MSS? For example, I cannot switch the view from Direct Reports to All Employees... A common scenario would be to sometimes also approve time for the org unit below. It looks like you define a View Group in table V_PTREQ_TEAM. And then the system automatically uses the View assigned as position '1' in table V_TWPC_ORGVWGRP.. However, there is no available function to switch back and forth between other views (from Direct Reports to All Employees). The Time Approval views are all based only on the time data displayed (and uses an entirely different set of tables). If you know of a BAdI or other way to integrate with the views from the OADP tables, please share... This is not an uncommon scenario and I can't imagine SAP did not account for it... Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone get the answer to this -- I, too, am having the same problem... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what the problem to me looks like:

How can a manager approve time for some employees or just one employee and not approve/reject for rest of the employees ( log back later and approve/reject) ?

If this is is the problem -- There are three options Approve , Reject and Resubmit ..

you can choose resubmit to come back later and do it..

If this is not the problem -- I am sorry -- my bad !

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay -

You are right - I just tested it: I selected Resubmit for 1 employee and Approve All for everyone else.. when I went back in that employee set to Resubmit was still there. Kind of cumbersome/dumb, but I guess it works.

Also, on the Time Approver subject. What is the deal with not having the use of the OADP tables like everywhere else in MSS? For example, I cannot switch the view from Direct Reports to All Employees... A common scenario would be to sometimes also approve time for the org unit below. It looks like you define a View Group in table V_PTREQ_TEAM. And then the system automatically uses the View assigned as position '1' in table V_TWPC_ORGVWGRP.. However, there is no available function to switch back and forth between other views (from Direct Reports to All Employees). The Time Approval views are all based only on the time data displayed (and uses an entirely different set of tables). If you know of a BAdI or other way to integrate with the views from the OADP tables, please share... This is not an uncommon scenario and I can't imagine SAP did not account for it... Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if you can change the text for these options?

I think the users are going to be confused by "approve all " versus "approve" / "reject all " versus "reject" and "resubmit all" versus "hold" or just blank meaning don't do anything with the time yet.

Also is there a way to break the work items down by person versus everyone going in to 1 work item.

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever find a solution? we are experiencing the same issue

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the View V_CATS_APPR_CUST via SM30/SM31in the backend..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we have a profile set up for Direct Reports A_DIR.