Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making authorization

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Suppose I have created a user id .

I have created a role for transaction code ME55 .

Now I will assign this role to this user id .

How I will assign the release codes which are used for release procedures to these user ids ?

I am a MM consultant , if anyone can please explain elaborately , it will really helpful for me .

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating the user in SU01. You need to assign what are the role you created in PFCG.

In SU01 t-code in role tab you need to give role name.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar .v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS,

Edit the object <b>M_EINK_FRG</b>

With this authorization object, you can determine which purchasing documents the user may release (approve) and which release codes he or she may use when doing so.

The authorization object comprises the following fields:

<u>Release group</u>

Via the release group, you define which purchasing documents the user may release.

Example

a) You have created different release groups for purchase orders for different plants. (For example: release group 01 for POs in plant 0001, release group 02 for POs in plant 0002. You can thus specify via the release group whether the user may release POs for plant 0001 only, or also for plant 0002.

b) You have created different release groups for different document categories (e.g. release group 01 for purchase orders,02 for RFQs, 03 for contracts. You can thus specify via the release group whether the user may release RFQs only, or also POs and contracts.

<u>Release code</u>

Via the release code, you specify the release codes with which the user may release purchasing documents.

Examples

For user Miller, the following values have been defined in the authorization object:

Release group: 01 and 02 (see example b)

Release code: 01 and 02

The user Miller may thus release POs and RFQs using the release codes 01 and 02.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks Santosh .

Can I edit object M_MTDI_ORG also ?

I want to restrict the user wrt release code + release group + MRP controller .

There is no workflow here .

Please advise.

regards

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Any suggestions ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS,

This authorization object i.e, M_MTDI_ORG controls whether an MRP controller is authorized to carry out the planning run for one or more plants or which specific activities the MRP controller is authorized to execute. But this object is not bought into your role when you add ME55. You have to do custamizing which will involve a lot of approval procedure. So just think of it and proceed accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh ,

I am a MM consultant.

Pls treat this as very urgent as I have to ask my BASIS guy to make authorizations based on this . Changing the configuration which I have described below will not be possible as every testing is over and its going to be LIVE after 2 weeks .

I have configured like below , pls see :

Here I have 5 deparments .

Requestors will create PR from each department for Non stock items , and respective Managers of each department should release it . In SAP system there is nothing to define a department in this business. So I have created 5 MRP controllers which represents each department like below :

MRP controller Dept.

1. X01 - Manufacturing department

2. X02 Purchase department

3. X03 Maintenance Dept

4. X04 Finance Dept

5. X05 HR dept

There is no workflow here .

I have created only one release code ( ie 50) for Manager.

Now I have made MRP controller field in Purchase requisition as mandatory .

While creating PR by requestor , he will put his own dept otherwise MRP controller .

Now suppose Manager of Purchase dept put the release code(50) in ME55 and executing he will get every PR's of every dept .

If he is selecting , his own MRP controller in ME55 selction screen alonwith release code (50) , then only his PR's will come and he will release it .

Now if he is selecting only release code (50) and executing , he can release every PR . I want to restrict his access based on MRP controller .

For example , he is selecting only release code (50) and executing , he should not be able to release other department PR's.

Is this possible to restrict this authorization based on MRP controller (M_MTDI_ORG)?

Kindly advise.

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh,

Can you please suggest for my query ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Is this possible to restrict this authorization based on MRP controller (M_MTDI_ORG)?"

This may not be possible because, if you look at the program that runs behind the object, it doesn't contain any AUTHORITY-CHECK statement. Without which it is not suggestible to use the object.

Best way is to sit down with functional people and come to a conclusion on it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh ,

Can you please confirm , whether we can add this object ( M_MTDI_ORG) in transaction ME55 by updating SU24 ?

Then it mat be possible .

Again there is no BASIS here ,thats why I am putting queries in this , sorry for that.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS,

You may add the object in SU24, but as i said before that there is no

AUTHORITY-CHECK statement in ME55 for the object M_MTDI_ORG. So you may add the object and test it to see if your requirement is met before you can transport it to production environment.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

The same problem in my side also. Pls give details elaborately how to solve this problem.

The Dept A people will not be able to release dept B 's PRs. control by MRP Controller.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PVS,

Are U solve this problem? The same problem have in my side?

Pls advise how to control the PR by MRP Controller.

Thks