cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign sales order type to Sales Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am trying to assign a sales order type to my sales area, and i have an error : the system tells me that my sales area is not defined. What can i do?

I already defined my sales area, and i can see it in IMG->Entreprise Structure->Assignment->Sales and Distribution->Set up Sales Area.

whwn i try to assign my sales order type to the predifined Sales Area it works. what am I supposed to do to be able to assign a document type to my sales area.

Thank you in advance,

Silvia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member

Hi Silvia,

In your IMG screen, go to the following path and specify your distribution channel and division as a reference elements.

SPRO -> Sales and Distribution -> Master Data -> Define Common Distribution Channels.

SPRO -> Sales and Distribution -> Master Data -> Define Common Division.

You can assign document types only if the sales area elements are made as referencial.

Incase it helped you dont forget the points else do keep me posted.

Regards

Pratheb Nadarajah

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>1.</b> Defining Common Distribution Channels for Master Data

Use

The purpose of this activity is to define distribution channels which have common master data..

Procedure

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG Menu -> Sales and Distribution -> Master Data -> Define Common Distribution Channels

Transaction Code: VOR1

<b>2.</b> Defining Common Divisions for Master DataUse

The purpose of this activity is to define distribution channels which have common master data..

Procedure

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG Menu -> Sales and Distribution -> Master Data -> Define Common Division

Transaction Code: VOR2

<b>3.</b> Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types:

<b>A.</b><u><i><b> Combine sales organizations / Combine distribution channels / Combine divisions: Ensure to maintain these, else Sales Order creation will give error.</b></i></u><b>B.</b> Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas: Assign only required Sales Order Types to required Sales Area. This will minimize selection of Sales Order Type as per sales area.

Check the above configuration. It should resolve the error once it is maintained appropriately.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi silvia,

check your organization structure assignements in t.code EC01 go to navigator and check the elements are assigned correectely or not. If any element is not assigned to the organization structure then it can't allow you to assign the sales order type to the sales area.

If any thing wrong please correct me.

bye

prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you have defined your sales area there is an assignment which states SET UP SALES AREA in img, do check that if that assignement is not done your sales area will not be completed. Do reward me with points if this helps.

Regards

Atul Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

first cobine u r higer level sales org to sales org

then d.channel to d.channe

then division to division

Pls Check your entries correctly for combination of sales org + D.Channel+Divison

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi silvia,

if u r working in ECC-6.0 then do the following:

1. go to transaction code OVAO & assign reference sales organisation.

2. go to transaction code OVAM & assign reference distribution channel

3. go to transaction code OVAN & assign reference division.

4. go to transaction code VOR1 & maintain dis channel.

5. go to transaction code VOR2 & maintain division.

then go to OVAZ & maintain all sales areas.

then ur error will be definitely solved.

Give points if error solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Check this out and try,as you have done all the setting in the assignment,do the Consistency Check,if everything is fine good.

Then in IMG Come to Sales and Distribution>Sales>Sales Document>Sales Document Header>Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types->Combine sales organizations(CHECK THIS)---->Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas.

Hope it helps.

SriRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

kindly re check all the definitions and assignments , i.e to the company codeetc,sometimes if any asignment is not made also ,the system does not take it.

thanku.

regards

sriram