cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call standard report in web dynpro abap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need the output of one standard report e.g RHXSTR00 on web dynpro abap.

How can I achieve this?

Please help!!! Points will be rewarded.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Darshna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Darshna,

Run the report in background mode (using submit statement, dn't forget to give printer as LOCL), get the spool id programatically. Use the FM's CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF or CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF.

Which returns the ouput of table tline, convert this to xtring and bind it to xtring attribute.

In view add a interactive form and bind the xstring attribute to the Interactive form.

By following the above steps, we can display the result in the PDF in WD ABAP.

Best regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Suresh ...

There is the component WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF which can be used for this.

Just map the spool id and the spool type and the rest is done automatically.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Why are you saying that we need to run report in background. I need the result of this report to be shown in my web dynpro screen. Also I cannot use interactive form in my requirement. Can you please help?

Cheers,

Darshna.

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Darshna,

The report result is ALV and in most of the cases we generally do not have function modules or any other easy way to get the output.

In such cases the best approach which we follow is, to run this in background mode and generate the spool and display the ouput in PDF.

But if intertactive form is not present in your requirement then we need to debug the logic of the report (if no FM or class present) and get the results and display it in the View.

Best regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darsha.

Then you should read the thread I mentioned above.

You can create a service which takes the parameters of the report, submits it and

transfers the result to HTML. In a view you use an IFRame which takes the URL of the service and shows the result HTML.

Cheers,

Sascha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshna,

just additionally read

Here an IFrame is used to display HTML output of report. But as IFRame gets obsolete the Suresh's solution seems to be pretty cool.

Cheers,

Sascha