cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root of Accounting Documents!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a ticket wherein, the user has given me three accounting documents which have been posted, but for them the billing documents are untraceable.

Here, the number range for the commerial invoice and accounting documents is the same.

But when I check the accounting documents in FB03, i get the sales order number from there.

But when i check the sales order and it's subsequent commercial invoice and accounting document. The accounting document number is totally different.

Now my concern is to know the origin of these accounting documents, as to what are the Billing documents which led the creation and posting of these accounting documents.

Can you please guide me as to how can i go for their tracing.??

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it's always a very bad idea have the same invoice and account document number.

maybe a posting error for CO or accounting determination lead to this inconsistency: my suggestion is to trace the the doc. flow starting from the order.

Another idea could be that the accounting documents where created manually using FI tcodes and the reference was placed manually.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks very much for your reply. How can i check if the accounting documents have been posted manually, does the accounting documents show a sign of manual interference??

And where in customization is the link between SD Invoices and accounting document number ranges. For FI i guess it's maintained in FBN1, but where is the link to have the same number range for both SD and FI documents??

There is standard report available to view the gaps in number ranges (S_ALR_87012342), have gone through this also to check if there were any inconsistencies in number range maintenance, but all in vain.

Let me know on anything further. please be a bit elaborate on your posts.

I appreciate your response to my query.

Thanks,

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ins_andres
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys this is very very urgent, as the month end is approaching.

I have checked all the three accounting documents, and at the header Transaction VF01 is mentioned, that means that these documents are not created manually.

I need to know where is the customization wherein we maintain the number ranges for SD-FI together. There should be definitely some linking in Number Range aspect between the F2 Invoice and the RV document as these both have the same number range.??

Possibility of Number Range discrepency can be there, how do i check??

I have checked up ALO1 also but the billing documents are not archieved also.

In the accounting if i goto>Document Environment>Original document, the system takes me to VF03 but then it gives me an error message saying:

"Billing document 206003383 is not available in the archive or in the database

Message no. VF148"

If the billing document is not there in the system then how come these accounting documents have been posted??

Can you please help me out of this as the month end is approaching....???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In FB03 you have to enter the Accounting document No. In this document it is showing the Delivery Document as Ref. Doc. Here you go to display Delivery Doc T-Code VL03N and enter the Ref doc. no..The system will display the Delivery documet, just click on documet flow or F7, you will see there the Sales Order in first line.

Thanks,

AKT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Awadhesh for your rsponse, but i could not find the Delivery Number field in any of the account postings in the accounting document. But i was able to find the Billing Document field, but as i have already said that the number ranges are same for both Invoices and accounting documents and so this Billing Document field is showing the accounting document number only. There is no Billing Document existing in the system with this number.!!!!

If I goto the "Profit Segment" tab and press that, i am able to see the Sales Order, but again, by checking the document flow, this sales order shows two deliveries and only one Comercial Invoice and it's corresponding acounting document.

This accounting document has a different number, though Sales Order Invoice and it's accounting document numbers are same.

I hope you got it!!!

I am still stuck.

Appreciate your response though..!!

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logic to link billing document & accounting document number is as under:

Table Joint: VBRK-XBLNR = BKPF-XBLNR

Accounting Document Number: BKPF-BELNR

Hope this is helpful to you to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka