cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog: Field does not belong to Table 'MDMSRM_CATALOG_ITEMS' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to establish a SRM-MDM catalog.

If I use the standard catalog delivered by SAP it seems to work. I can access the catalog in EBP, browse through the items in the catalog and finally buy some of them.

But if I extend the existing data model I get some issues. What I did in detail:

1. I added a new field “HazMatFlag” to the Main table of the SRM-MDM catalog

2. in the UI customizing (http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~mdmsrmui/MDM_SRM_UI_App) I added this field to the “List view” and to the “Item Details” view

When I access the catalog now from EBP and go to the “List view” There is a Java Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Field 'MDMSRM_HAZ_MAT_FLAG' does not belong to Table 'MDMSRM_CATALOG_ITEMS'

at com.sap.mdm.framework.model.metadata.impl.TableMDImpl.getFieldMD(TableMDImpl.java:251)

at com.sap.mdm.framework.model.CatalogManagerImpl.getFieldMD(CatalogManagerImpl.java:1207)

at com.sap.mdm.ws.queryengine.Model.getDisplayFieldName(Model.java:2232)

at com.sap.mdm.ui.itemdetails.ItemDetails.getDisplayText(ItemDetails.java:421)

at com.sap.mdm.ui.itemdetails.wdp.InternalItemDetails.getDisplayText(InternalItemDetails.java:273)

This issue was already mentioned in the Forum (see: ), but unfortunately not answered….

Can anybody help, please??

Greetings and thanks in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

finally I solved the issue I had. For me it looks like a BUG in the J2EE engine or the services that have been deployed for the SRM-MDM catalog. It looks like an issue with the cache. If the J2EE is restarted everythings works fine. What helps as well is stopping and restarting the corresponding service....

Greetings,

Tobias

Message was edited by:

Tobias Mack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

i am facing the same issue. The only difference being the field in question is a multi valued lookup field.

I need to show a custom fields called (Preferred Supplier List) in the Item Detail view of each Catalog item.

I am going to try this and see if i run into any issues.

By the way, which services did you restart, the Webdynpo runtime or are you talking about the web service.

Vishal

Answers (0)