cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install MDM JAVA API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP MDM 5.5 SP05. Can someone guide me on how to install MDM Java API.

I referred to many threads on SDN but couldn't get through any.

I have already downloaded the java API which has one .sca file and two folders, each has some .jar files and javadoc folder.

Kindly help on how should i go with it.

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_gahr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Just deploy the .sca files u need with the Software Deployment Manager and you can use it for your SAP J2EE appplication.

If you want to use it for standalone java applications. Just include the .jar file in you compilation path.

Best Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all of you.

I have one more doubt, in the MDM installation guide there is a statement "<i>Extract the files from the archives.The javadoc folders contain an HTMLbased collection of documents that describe the Java API. Make sure you retain the directory structure</i>" for the MDM Java API.

If i am to use only sca file then why i need to retain the directory structure?

And also if i am to use it for standalone application, then i need to just specify the path of the jar files in CLASSPATH variable. Is there anything else to be done?

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

alexander_gahr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi if u use Eclipse,

add the jar to your project as you would do it with every other Java libary. Eclipse (SAP deveolpoer studio) will do the rest for you.

But if you want to use it for J2EE Application you have to deploy all file with the SDM acording to the installation guide.

Best regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

You wont install MDM Java API as u install your MDM server or client.

<b>What the use of the MDM Java API?</b>

1. Stand-alone Java Applications.

U can use MDM java API for your stand-alone applications that runs locally on your PC etc... For this you can import the MDM Java jar file into to the library of yourstand alone java application project.

2. J2EE Application or custom MDM iview in EP or SAP Webdynpro Apllication.

U can deploy the .sca file in the SAP WAS Java using the SDM client and u can extend the MDM Java API in your J2EE Application or custom MDM iview in EP or SAP Webdynpro Apllication

get back for help...

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

did you check this?

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/installMDM

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna for the reply.

Till now what i have followed is that:

- I need to copy the unzipped directory at some location in my XI server.

- copy all the jar files at some location and define this path in CLASSPATH variable.

- Deploy the sca file using SDM or JSPM.

But what should be the location of the unzipped directory, is it any specific? And what about the javadoc folder?

Plz help me in clearing this.

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan...

The deployment of the SCA file is the essential step.

<b>Once you do it, the SCA file will be stored in the server deployment dierctory</b> and there is no need to maintain the javadoc or the whole unzipped java content anywhere

Vijay