Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV to CSV (FILE to FILE Adapter)Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly provide an immediate response..

The error is as follows..

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter '.fieldFixedLengths' or '.fieldSeparator' is missing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhayanadh.

First let me confirm if you are using a flat file with fixed field lengths. if that is the case, then you need to specify the length of each field in the content conversion parameters.. for example

record.fixedFieldLengths : 10,14,12

where in 10 is the length for the first, 14 for second and 12 for the third one.

in the other case if, the field lengths are not fixed, then we need to mention the field separator in the conversion parameters.

Just check if you have provided that....

Browse these links....these could be provide you with an idea about content conversion...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Let me know if it has helped you..

Regards,

Hari

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter '.fieldFixedLengths' or '.fieldSeparator' is missing</i>

>>>

the error is self descriptive.

You need to mention either fieldFixedLengths or fieldSeparator for the particular records in the FCC.

make sure you have used any of these. In case you have already used and still the error is coming check for spaces before or after the entry cos that even a single space can also create the same error.

Ref:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Can you please mention which property you are using for Content Conversion ? Is it fieldSeparator or fieldFixedLength ?

Regards