Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am looking for advantages for customers like:

- uses open standards

- graphical mapping visualizes mapping

- 4 types of mapping

- central repository

- many different adapters (SAP certified with service & support)

Could you help? Any suggestions?

Regards Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here are some more. excuse me if some of them are already mentioned

• Data security as expected from any SAP product.

• Business Process Management

• Synchronous & Asynchronous communication possible.

• Complex processes for communication possible instead of only sending and receiving (business process management) (connect e.g. asynchronous and synchronous steps, define complex communication scenarios)

• Mapping etc possible to accomplish in Java. Platform independent Java components.

• Java & .Net support.

• Big range of adapters for different technologies / tools (SOAP, Mail, JDBC, CDIX...)available in standard or offered by other companies (EDI e.g. by Seeburger).

• Process functionalities inside XI to modify content in the communication channel on own defined rules fpr business purposes.

• Central monitoring for data communication for all your communication between different systems.

• And the marketing issue: SAP and its partners provide high volume of development capabilities to make XI always up-to-date for new requirements

For more information about XI, Please go through this link:

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/xi

Note

reward points if useful.thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here is how SAP markets XI in its upcomming Release of N/w PI 7.1

1. Reduce complexity and save costs TODAY

2.SAP NetWeaver as the central integration platform for all systems and all types of integration scenarios makes system

landscape complexity transparent for IT-administrators and integration developers – TODAY

<b>

3. Stay in the „buy-model“</b>

4 … you buy standard software like ERP, SRM …. because it pays off not to program everything on your own … SAP enhances

this concept and offers ready-to-run collaboration processes. Application meets infrastructure.

5.Provides functionality for BPM

<b>6. By mainly helping you adapt systems to changing processes</b>

5<b>. Pave the road to an Enterprise SOA</b>

7. By providing the core technology around enterprise SOA

<b>8 Mainly in the area of service enabling or service provisioning</b>

Reference:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/706005a3-3bd6-2910-91ae-a2016239...

Thanks 2 Bhavesh for the link

Regards

krishna

Message was edited by:

Krishnamoorthy Ramakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

One real important advantage is this

Since XI is a product of <b>SAP</b>, it will ease the customers to integrate their existing <b>SAP</b> investments/resources) with other SAP/non-sap apps

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

thanks for your reply. But Vasu mentioned this already.

I would appreciate some more advantages.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

All advantages that you have mentioned could be applied for any integration solution (IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, TIBCO, Sonic and so on) except ABAP Mapping

For me XI has the following advantages:

- More options for SAP Connectivity (RFC,IDOC, ABAP Proxy). New SAP Systems are shipping with XI Integration Engine and ABAP Proxies for integration.

- Licence/cost issue (Free trafic between SAP Systems). You don't need to invest money and to train administrators for another solution (in case of SAP centric company)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PreDelivered Integration Content For SAP Systems , isnt this an advantage?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

sometimes it is NOT !!!

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

On a serious note, when is this a disadvantage?

Maybe you can throw ideas from your esperience here.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

we got a problem that occurs only in germany with some content for SAP IS-U (for the german market)

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never worked for a German Client so far, so I cannot confirm / argue on this

But nice to know that there are issues, But again, from what I have seen SAP wil provide bug fixes for the pre delivered inetgartion content if a Bug is raised and so I dont think this can be a disavantage

But, I havent had a harrowing experience with Pre delivered content and so maybe you can prove me wrong by further explaining what the issue was / is. ( yeah I know I can never get enuff of info , never )

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mario

XI is a middleware like many others. It is well suited for connecting SAP systems with each other and with non-SAP.If your focus is not on SAP systems, other solutions might be a better choice today. SAP XI provides an integrated workflow engine that allows to define adapters to non-XML-protocols and mappings to convert data content from source to target.

Any fully mature middleware should provide these three layers.

1. An independent Message Queue

2. A data consolidator and mapping engine

3. Workflow processor.

XI is lacking full-fledged Message Queue compared to other established Middleware products.

Currently, SAP XI does not have the features like IBM Websphere, Seeburger or TIBCO.

SAP's next XI release might provide this missing piece and many more features which is due 2007 I guess.

<u>4 Types of Mapping</u>

Go thru the link

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/dGo

<u>Adapters</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/frameset.htm

Cheers..

Vasu

• Reward Points if found useful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main advantage I guess would be

Central Monitoring of all interfaces

Some points not mentioned are

1. Pre delivered Content

2. Supports ccBPM and B2B apart from A2A

Regards,

Jai Shankar