cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context node navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

As always, thanks very much for your prompt response. Have a question on a different subject. This is regarding context node navigation.

NodeA

-

NodeA1

-

NodeA11

-

Element1

-

Element2

-

Element3

-

NodeA2

-

NodeA21

-

Element1

-

Element2

-

Element3

-

NodeA3

-

NodeA31

-

Element1

-

Element2

-

Element3

The user interface we are developing, has the UI elements bound to the nodes structure listed above. Say, suppose the pointer is at node NodeA1. If the user click the 'NEXT' button, we want to move the pointer to NodeA2 and vice versa. All nodes are created dynamically. Please advise the best approach.

Thanks in advance !

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose you want to navigate between node <b>elements</b> in the sense that the lead selection of a node is moved.

There are the following methods in the IWDNode interface:

moveFirst(), moveLast(), movePrevious(), moveNext(), moveTo()

It makes no difference if the context nodes are created at runtime.

Armin

Message was edited by: Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

And I assume, when we navigate to adjoining nodes at runtime, the UI elements that were bound to elements in the initial nodes, will automatically be bound to the newly navigated node. Am I right ? Or do we need to do this programatically ?

Refering to the example once again....

NodeA

-

NodeA1

-

NodeA11

-

Element1

-

Element2

-

Element3

-

NodeA2

-

NodeA21

-

Element1

-

Element2

-

Element3

-

NodeA3

-

NodeA31

-

Element1

-

Element2

-

Element3

At design time, NodeA and NodeA1 are created. UI elements point to elements under NodaA11. If at runtime, we move to NodeA2, I am assuming the UI elements will automatically be bound to elements under NodeA21. Correct ??

Thanks in advance !

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are NodeA1, NodeA2, NodeA3 really <b>nodes</b>, or are they the <b>node elements</b> of NodeA?

Which of the nodes are singleton resp. non-singleton nodes?

UI element <b>bindings </b>don't change when you "navigate" through the elements of a node, i.e. when the lead selection of a node is moved.

Nevertheless, the data displayed in UI elements may change when navigating.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Node A is a singleton node, and NodeA1, A2 and A3 are by default non-singleton nodes, and are child nodes of NodeA. Node NodeA11, A21, A31 are child nodes of A1, A2 and A3 resp.

Node A, A1 and A11 are created at design time. Dropdown list is bound to an element of A11, say element1.

NodeA2,A3 and their child nodes and elements are created at runtime. Say, at runtime Node A2 is the lead node. Now how do I repoint (for lack of a better word) the dropdown list to list contents of node A21 under node A2 ?

Appreciate all the time you have taken to help me thus far.

Thanks !

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Forgot to mention. In my previous note, NodeA (parent node) is created at design time...

Hope this helps !

Thanks !

Sri