cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assig say more than 200 roles at one go only???

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to assig say more than 200 roles to a user in one go only

i mean together

not selecting one by one

wots the procedure?? plz reply me at the earliest...it is urgent!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to UME & search that user. Select the user then click on Export button, you will get some file like

[User]

uid=inf26692

role=pcd:portal_content/administrator/super_admin/super_admin_role;NWDI.Administrator;pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_role;Administrator;pcd:portal_content/66410/Forumdemo;

group=admin;

email_address=ranjeetk_jha@infosys.com

first_name=Ranjeet

last_name=Jha

accessibility=0

language=en

=======================================

Copy the export file in notepad. Then click on the Import button. You will get a text pad. paste the copied file and add the all the roles you want to include at proper place separating them with ;

Don't forget to check the box for option Overwriting existing data. Then click on upload button.

Please reward point if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that you must have a excel file or some text file to save the 200 roles, copy their name in a column formation to the clipboard.

Then goto SAP,

SU01->input the username you want to maintain, and press change button, then choose "Roles" tag, click on blank in Role column. then press F4 for possible entries.

There are two kinds of roles can be chosen: single or composite. choose one type of roles, click on the arrow button. now you will find there is a button of "upload from clipboard", now you can paste the role names to the user.

Save it, and go to PFCG->utilities->mass comparison, to compare the 200 roles.

That's all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

This is a duplicate post. The earlier one has already been answered.

Regards.

Ruchit.