Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWCE Sneak Preview - Issue with Local DC's

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to build a demo application with components as local dc's. I will list down the steps and also the problems that i have encountered.

1. I created an EAR Local DC with compliance type equal to Java EE 5.

2. I then created an EJB local DC with the same compliance level.

<u><b>Issue</b></u> - While creating the EJB DC there is no step in the wizard which asks whether the project should be added to EAR DC. Is this the default behaviour. Even the context menu for EJB DC does not have any option which states add to EAR project.

3. In the EAR DC after selecting the option for Add/Remove (context menu option for folder Modules) i added the EJB DC in J2EE Module Dependency option.

4. I triggered a DC build for EJB and EAR DC. The EAR DC build is failing. The build.log file is given below this message.

5. In the EJB DC i generated one entity from the database table after adding persistence. The class file is created correctly, however the entry under the Entity Beans node under Deployment Descriptor is not available. This is not available even after i rebuilt the EJB DC.

Please do let me know if there is a certain step that i have missed.

Thanks and Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Build.Log File

<b>Development Component Build (2007-05-15 12:43:59)

Component name: rkt/csc/ear

Component vendor: sap.com

SC compartment: MyComponents

Configuration: LocalDevelopment

Source code location: I039871@INLD50057854A

DC root folder: C:\Sidharth\Development\ws720.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\rkt\csc\ear\_comp\

DC type: J2EE

DC subtype: Enterprise Application

Host: INLD50057854A

DC Model check:

DC is available locally

validating dependency to build plugin "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication"

validating dependency to public part "api" of DC "sap.com/public.test.facade"

validating dependency to public part "ejbjar" of DC "sap.com/rkt/csc/ejb"

validating dependency to public part "def" of DC "sap.com/tc/bi/testtech"

DC model check OK

Start build plugin:

using build plugin: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication

starting build plugin from : C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE72\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp\SAP_BUILDT\DCs\sap.com\tc\bi\bp\enterpriseApplication\_comp\gen\default\public\enterpriseApplication\

Build Plugin 'EnterpriseApplicationPlugin', Version 7.05 (720_SP_REL, built on 2007-04-04 22:04:27 +0200, CL58175)

development component: rkt/csc/ear (sap.com)

software component: MyComponents (demo.sap.com)

type: J2EE, subtype Enterprise Application

build variant: default

source location: I039871@INLD50057854A

output location: C:\Sidharth\Development\ws720.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\rkt\csc\ear\_comp\gen\default

plugin start time: 2007-05-15 12:43:59 GMT+05:30 (IST)

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 1.5.0_09-b01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

General options:

convert *.xlf to *.properties: yes

include sources for debugging: yes

Package folder "test/java" exists but is empty and will be ignored.

Warning: Nested package folder "test/java" within source folder "test" may produce unexpected build results.

Checking path lengths for sources

Path length checks finished in 0 seconds

Preparing data context..

No public part descriptor found in C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE72\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp\ENGFACADE\DCs\sap.com\public.test.facade\_comp\gen\default\public\api, using legacy mode.

Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.util.BuildPluginException: error: only META-INF beneath the root is allowed!

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.techdev.entapplication.CreateBuildFileAction.execute(CreateBuildFileAction.java:33)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.prepareTechnologySpecificData(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:175)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.setupBuildFileCreatorContext(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.execute(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:60)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:213)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:190)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:353)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:102)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:76)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1803)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:6094)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.commands.dc.BuildJob.build(BuildJob.java:368)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.commands.dc.BuildJob.doInWorkerThread(BuildJob.java:187)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.api.job.JdiJob$1.doInWorkerThread(JdiJob.java:75)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob$2$1.run(InternalJdiJob.java:215)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1737)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1719)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob$2.run(InternalJdiJob.java:224)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.BusyBackgroundIndicator.showWhile(BusyBackgroundIndicator.java:74)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob.internalRun(InternalJdiJob.java:205)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalDiiJob.run(InternalDiiJob.java:275)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Error: Build stopped due to an error: error: only META-INF beneath the root is allowed!

Build plugin finished at 2007-05-15 12:43:59 GMT+05:30 (IST)

Total build plugin runtime: 0.21 seconds

Build finished with ERROR</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I usually do it in the following order:

1.Create the EJB DC

2.Create the EAR DC. The wizard of this kind of DC proposes you to add the EJB DC.

3.Create the entities. Its normal that doesn’t appear under the Entity Beans node because this is an EJB 3.0 Entity.

4.Create the Session Bean Service, to expose the business logic methods[/code].

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I am getting same type of error when i try to import from DTR.Did you find any solution to it?

Could you please share it,If possible!