cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding MI practice

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi Folks,

As we have DEV / QUALITY / SUPPORT teams in SAP practice...how is the MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE practice is divided ...

Basically i want to know who'll do quality check and support for MI project..How the MI -servers are allocated for the above tasks...and will there be seperate BASIS team to manage all the ADMIN activities...

If you are not clear with my question..pls do convey your suggestions..so that this question can be re-drafted in a more meaningful way with respect to MI practice..

Thanks & Regards,

Ram.</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

<b>how is the MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE practice is divided ...</b>

I will try to put comments for development

There are 3 parts of MI Backend, Middleware(Admin) and Client

Backend team needs to have ABAP skills for building of BAPIs, BAPI Wrapper.

Middleware is about Administration of application, monitoring and deployment no separate skills neede apart from MI knowledge.Knowledge of WAS.

I can put some comments on the Dev team: In NW-Mobile 7.0 we use AWT ot JSP(preferrable) clients. for this the person working on it needs to have extensive programming skills, JAVA skills and JSPs and should be very creative for developing attractive UIs.

<b>How the MI -servers are allocated</b>

MI server is small enough. it can even be located on top of any other server like XI.

you can have it separate too which not take extensive space.

<b>seperate BASIS team to manage all the ADMIN activities...</b>

No separate BASIS team required, you can have it done by one or two WAS persons.

hope this helps,

Sometimes when you're deploying a mobile project in SAP, such as in SAP xApp Mobile Time and Travel 2.0, success is all in the staffing. This SDN post by Karsten Strothmann offers some tips for how to select personnel.

see this link:

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/loginMembersOnly/1,289498,sid21_gci1238747,00.html?NextURL=http%3A//...

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

The link provided is an excellent one. I think this will help people who will want start a fresh mobile project.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks Preetham !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi Divya,

Thanks for your reply.Now i have a fair idea regarding MI practice...

Cheers,

Ram.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

There will be very less development on the middleware since most of the code is auto generated. Only if there is any enhancements over the standard syncbos, you need quality as well as support teams to test and validate the development. But there will some development involved on the client side, since any company who buys MAM or MAU application will modify the user interface or may enhance client code. If the solution is being created from scratch then all the teams mentioned is required.

Regarding basis, i dont think separate person is required. The resource who is maintaining the backend can also maintain this also. But that person might have to learn few of MI admin related transactions and its uses.

Let me know if that answers your question....

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Adding to Preetham reply,go through the following blogs. Which gives more details about the stafffing of Mobile team

/people/karsten.strothmann/blog/2007/01/05/how-to-staff-a-mobile-project--skills-required-to-make-your-project-a-success

Regards,

Ameer Baba.