cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts,

My client has maitained Base unit of measure is NUMBER for a material and alternate Unit of measure is METER. Now my client requirement is Base unit of measure should be METER. I tried in MM02 additional tab page. But i am not succeeded. Can U please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat K.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can change this in Basic data tab page.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all

Issue has been closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

tell how you have closed the issue...

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stocks already exist at plant level.

this is the problem

If u go in MMBe u will see tht ur stock is in NUMBER so u cant change ur base unit.

it means tht u have maintained stock in NUMBER.

Now u have to return the stock means u have to nill the stck and than u can change ur base unit of measurement.

Reward points if it helps u .

cheers

Shalsa007..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Venkat,

Base unit of can't be changed once you have created the material and there are stocks.

You can change the base unit of measure if there is no stock of the material during current and previous period. Also, there should not be any open PO's & requistions.

To change the unit of measure in which stock of the material is managed, enter the new unit of measure. Use (F4) to access the full list.

1. Delete the uom from Unit of issue field (General Plant Data / Storage 1) in MM if you have mentioned it there.

2. Go to additional data, use delete line tab and delete the conversion factor by keeping the cursor on that line.

3. Come to main data, now change the base unit of measure to the required one.

4. Then give the alternative unit of measure, system will ask for conversion factor.

<b>Reward if that helps***</b>

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing u can do goto Customer info record XD51.

Put the necessary detail and maintain UOM (As meter required by u).

See while creating sales order or so system first check customer material info record first then material master so if u maintain ur UOM in cust Material info that meter will get pick.

Hope this will Help.

Reward if find helpfull.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi u goto to VD51 and not XD51.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The base Unit of measure is maintain at client level so u can not change like ths Till u have stock of perticulat material .

Even some Open PO'S will be there so its not possible.

Till whole stock got consume.