cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection of multiple idocs into a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

while activating the BPM,i m getting error "Expression must not return a multiline value" in transformation step of BPM at the source message.My source message is Abstract asynchronous type idoc which i m sending into BPM and value is container variable of same interface type and which is of multiline type.Can,anyone help me to solve out this error in BPM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Expression must not return a multiline value - the error is becoz the MM/IM the occurance is not set to 0..unbounded

Former Member
0 Kudos

which particular MM/IM we have to set the occurence 0unbounded..I am not very much clear with the occurence 0-unbounded.i have made the occurence 0--unbounded in my source idoc which is outside BPM and occurence 1 in my Target which is inside BPM(i.e abstract asynchronous type output File)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check for the mapping u have used in transformation step....if the container is set as multiline then u shud have 0..unb in the mapping

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ref: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Use that as a checklist !!!

Also make sure that you have provided the message (that needs to be collected) (in message mapping and interface mapping) as 0-unbounded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you list down the steps of your BPM? I guess you are trying to send a multi line container in a send step.

Regards,

Jai Shankar