cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOTTOM , TOP , BODY regions of the window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody explain to me the significance of TOP, BOTTOM and BODY regions in a page window with an example, any inputs will be deeply appreciatied.

Regards

Narendiran Rathinavelu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>WRITE_FORM</b>

This function module is used to write text in a window in the form using

text elements (/:E element). We can specify whether the text is to be appended , replaced or added and in which portion of the window it will be printed i.e TOP, BOTTOM ,BODY. In this function module actual printing takes place.

CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'

EXPORTING

ELEMENT =

FUNCTION =

TYPE =

WINDOW =

EXCEPTIONS

ELEMENT = 1

OTHERS = 9

IF SY-SUBRC NE 0.

MESSAGE ...

ENDIF.

Here in this function module the ELEMENT specifies which textelement is

printed . WINDOW specifies which window of the form to be print in.

TYPE specifies the output area of the window TOP,BOTTOM,BODY.

FUNCTION specifies whether the text is to be appended , replaced or added.

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you shed some light on when the formatting and the replacement of the variables with actual values occurs for each of the mentioned areas.

namely TOP , BOTTOM, BODY.

Regards

Narendiran Rathinavelu

former_member673464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi..

<b>BOTTOM</b>

You can specify footer texts for the main window in a similar way to header texts. Footer texts are always printed at the bottom of the window.

Syntax:

/: BOTTOM

:

:

/: ENDBOTTOM

The lines of text enclosed between the two control commands will be output from now on at the bottom of the main window.

An existing footer text can be disabled by using the BOTTOM.. ENDBOTTOM command pair without enclosing any text lines between the two command lines:

/: BOTTOM

/: ENDBOTTOM

This and subsequent pages will contain no footer text.

<b>TOP</b>

You can use the TOP.. ENDTOP control command to specify lines of text that you want to print always at the top of the main window. These text lines are also known as header texts. For example, you would use header texts in the case of a very long table covering several pages of output to ensure that the table heading information were repeated at the start of each new page of output.

Syntax:

/: TOP

:

:

/: ENDTOP

The lines of text enclosed between the two control commands will be output from now on at the start of the main window.

An existing header text can be disabled by using the TOP.. ENDTOP command pair without enclosing any text lines between the two command lines:

/: TOP

/: ENDTOP

Subsequent pages will contain no header text.

regards,

veeresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh,

Thanks for the response! I am afraid my question was a little ambigous, I was asking about the TOP BOTTOM and BODY parameter that is passed to the Function Module WRITE_FORM. whilw calling a window.

Can you explain this to me with an example , any help will br deeply appreciated.

Regards

Narendiran Rathinavelu