cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual administrator - SP16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to login into visual administrator, but i could not. I searched various thread but i could not find any. I'm using Sneak preview Full Java version SP16.

Could anyone help me?

BM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the instance is up and running, because for running the visual admin the database as well as the instance has to be up.

If they are up, check whether all services are up.

This can be done through telnet.

Hope you know the procedure.

Any doubts please revert back

Do reward points if useful.

Regards,

Nayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nayana,

All the services are running, need to know what is the username, HTTP Port and Host to login in Visual administrator in sneak preview SP16.

BM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you no longer connect to the Visual admin it is better change the password of the user j2ee_admin as mentioned bellow

You have to change the J2EE Engine administrator password in the secure store as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool by executing the /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance name>/j2ee/configtool/configtool script file.

2. Select secure store.

3. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

4. Enter the J2EE Engine administrator user new password in the Value field and choose Add.

5. Choose File -> Apply to save the data.

6. Restart the J2EE Engine

regards,

kanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

kanthi,

I may be asking dump question...

If I change the J2EE Engine administrator password will it be applicable to visual administator also?

BM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharathi,

Yes it will applicable to visual admin , if you change the J2EE Engine administrator password in config tool and restart J2EE instance.

regards,

kanthi

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you logon to portal after installating the sneakpreview with administrator and pwd (default abcd1234 or set by you), first time you should have been prompted to change to new password. if you have done that, you have to use the same password while loggin on to visual admin as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys...

I did a mistake while giving the connection type thats was the issue...

I gave <i>look up connection</i> instead of <i>Direct connection</i>

Could you please answer this question also ..

BM...

Message was edited by:

Bharathi M