cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install ECC5 on NetWeaver platform later

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed SAP NetWeaver on my server and now need to install ECC5 on it (later).Is it possible to install ECC 5 now? If it is possible, please advise me the way of doing.

Thanks much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure what you want to do.

Do you want run both in parallel?

-> MCOD as mentiond

Do you want to run ECC instead of NW?

probably you can upgrade

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

imho ecc5 comes with different database objects as pure nw2004...so the (ecc5) database needs to be imported in order to gain access to these objects...which on the other hand means that the database instance needs to be done a second time...

a) both systems in parallel

-> new system id and thus new installation of ci and db (either as mcod or stand alone)

b) nw will be substituted

-> deletion of the "old" netweaver database instance and new installation with ecc5 contents using the "old" netweaver system id

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean I have only installed NetWeaver 2004 on my server with BI content. Now need to install ECC5 on it, please advise me the installation procedure.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dinesh ,

What is your server configuration.If yow have enough hard disk size and RAM more than 3 GB then you can install another SAP ECC5 instance on this server along with Netweaver.This is known as MCSD(Multiple Component on Single Database).

By the way can I know what Operation System and database you are using.

Feel Free to revert back for any furthur clarification.

Best Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit

It is not MCSD(Multiple Component on Single Database), it is

MCOD(Multiple Components in one Database)

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Umesh ,

You got it right.Thanks for the correction.

Best Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its Windows 2003 server. I just installed NetWeaver only and need to install ECC5 on it(to set the other module MM,FI etc) since NetWeaver does not install any of that.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’m in mind that all modules (MM, FI ect.) come with ECC. Am I correct? If not can someone differentiate the, Explain what is actually ECC (ERP Central Component)