cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP <SID> rename in WNDOWS/SQLSERVER env

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a demo system by copying our PRD system through system copy ( OS+DB).I renamed the SID and Hostname in all Profiles ( start, Default and instance). I also run the startsapsvr.exe in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run directory to unregistered and re register the system with new sid name. The database rename was finished successfully and the it is running fine. When I am try to start SAP the database is up and it hangs on process (strdbs.cmd).

Please send all your suggestions and recommendations....

Regards,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GreetZ, AH and Eric,

I checked the OSS notes 193816 and I found the database schema name is wrong { "CRS" instead of "crs"} because I renamed the old schema name "crp" to "CRS". I also found the stored procedures are still with old id "CRP".

Here is another log details from dev_30 (usr/sap/CRS/DVEBMGS/work).

-

Failed to initialize provider SQLNCLI. See note #734034 for more information.

C Using provider SQLOLEDB instead.

C ExecuteAndFlush return code: 0x80040e14 Stmt: [if user_name() != 'crs' setuser 'crs']

C sloledb.cpp [ExecuteAndFlush,line 5658]: Error/Message: (err 4604, sev 0), There is no such user or group 'crs'.

C Procname: [ExecuteAndFlush - no proc]

C setuser 'crs' failed -- connect terminated

-

I am doing the following steps now.

1. Delete the old stored procedures with "exec sap_droproc".

2. Rename the old schema name (crp) to new schema name (crs) using user_change.sql script.

Please advice if I am doing any wrong....

Raja.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

open a command prompt and execute strdbs.cmd manually, you wil lget error mesasges that wil lpoint you to a possible solution.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> how exactly did you copy?

-> homogeneous system copy? detach sqlsrv?

-> did you follow sapnotes 193.816 & 151.603?

-> any log information from stderr?

GreetZ, AH