cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is a PDS mapped to production version?

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any talbe which shows the mapping between a PDS and a product's production version? With PPM's you could use /sapapo/prodverz. But this is not relevant for PDS's.

I want to find out which production version will be used for each PDS?

What if I programmatically create a new PDS in APO, which production version will CIF R/3 use when the planned order is tranferred to R/3?

I searched the forum and found the following thread:

The PDS data is not stored in Database tables. Instead they are stored in a different format . and hence one cannot access the PDS data directly from select queries. you can use standard function modules which retrieve the source of supply to get this data, or need to write a customized report to get the PDS data.

Regards, Hemanth

But is this true for the mappings also?

Ken Snyder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

Question: I want to find out which production version will be used for each PDS?

Answer: In the integration model for PDS, you define the production version of the routing for which you want to transfer the data from R3 to APO.

Question: What if I programmatically create a new PDS in APO, which production version will CIF R/3 use when the planned order is tranferred to R/3

Answer: Programmatically- If you happen to create a PDS in APO Which we have also done using the APO LOADER, you have to specify the version( ACTIVE ONE).

So the PDS will use the active version.

The Planned Order will use the active version.

Hope this helps

Regards

Kumar

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think prodvers is also used for PDS's...

EXT_USAGE = X for PDS.

In case anyone has any other updates... you can add them.

Ken