cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher as reverse proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are setting up a brand new FSCM Biller Direct landscape in our internal network that can be accessed eventually through our externally facing EP 7.0 system in our DMZ. Right now we are only in Sandbox, so all systems are internal. We noticed during some testing that the URL for Biller Direct was being displayed in the browser window when Biller Direct iViews are called from within the portal. This creates a security hole and also prevents the application from working in the DMZ unless we open ports directly to our internal network! To try and prevent this we installed a stand alone SAP Web Dispatcher to act as a reverse proxy, on a seperate test server and configured it for the EP 7.0 system. We then configured the Web Dispatcher profile to redirect incoming requests to Biller Direct to the Web Dispatcher, but we can still see the Biller Direct URL even after recycling. The redirect parameter I've set is as follows:

icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/,FROM=/bd*,TO=<webdisphost>,PORT=<webdisp_port>

This should redirect any URL calls with /bd* to be redircected to the Web Dispatcher.

Is this the right set up? Can the SAP Web Dispatcher even perform this functionality? Any insight into what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated!

Best Regards,

Sarah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did the same configuration and it worked.

Review this thread

Regards,

Raúl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raul,

looks like the link is missing, Please can you update the thread with the link.

Thanks

Krish