cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to delete entries using SE16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to delete records from USR05 table using SE16 transaction.

The delete option is disabled when i enter the table using SE16 even though i have SAP_ALL role.

Is there any other setting that need to be made so that we can get delete option when using SE16??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

SE16 is just a data browser view. You can`t edit any table in SE16...Its just a view.

To delete entries from table, use SE11.

regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nops..for some tables we do get create,change & delete options in SE16..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

USR05 is the table which holds the details regarding the users of the particular client and which have some sessions logged in.

They are not supposed to be deleted from here.

That's the reason you don't have any such option.

regards and do reward with suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can be achieved by selectin table maintainance and display allowed in SE11 for a particular table.

Don't do this for USR05 as this option should not be normally there for tables having transactional and master data.

If you want entries for USR05 to be deleted then go to SU01 transaction and then delete the paramters for the user for which you want to delete entries in USR05.

Direct table maaintainance is dangerous since there might be data dependency across some other tables.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are about 50,000 users..deleting entries individually using SU01 will take a long time..I tried SCAT also,but it didnt work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

moreover USR05 is related to TPARA table only..TPARA does not have those parameters.thats why i'm getting the error "Parameter does not exists" while using SU10..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I understand correctly then there is an assignment of non-existing parameters to users in your system.

To resolve this mass deletion of parameters in not a good approach at all. Why disturb correct assignments?

Identify wrong parameters and affected users and do the deletions using Su10.

It will take a bit of effort and analysis but this what basis is all about.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but as i said there are about 50,000 users,,and there are 3 systems..so there are more than a lakh records to be removed..Would you do it using SU01 for more than a times??

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is big. Even then I would have done in that manner.

Anyways since you dont want to do it then then either you need to make the table maintainance active using SE11. For this you will need a object access key from market place.

Go to SE11 . Give table USR05 and then go to change mode. Give object access key and then go to Delivery and Maintainenance and then select Display/Maintainence allowed. This is for higher releases .In releases upto 4.6C you need to go to Se11 then change mode then attributes and check the checkboxTable Maintainance allowed.

However better thing is to write an ABAP report for this.

Select all users using USR02 into an internal table and then inside a loop delete paramter values from USR05. This is the better approach certainly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi SAPper,

Why delete it?

Are you also deleting users from USR02.....?

If you need to delete a lot of users then go to SU01 -> Environment -> Mass Changes

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd Lubbers