Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to delete entries using SE16...URGENT!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to delete records from USR05 table using SE16 transaction.

The delete option is disabled when i enter the table using SE16 even though i have SAP_ALL role.

Is there any other setting that need to be made so that we can get delete option when using SE16??

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

USR05 is not maintainable thru SE16, SE16N, SM30 or SM31. You have to change the value thru SU01, user by user. This is not an authorization issue.

That being said, there is a back door way (not recommended) using &sap_edit thru SE16N.

Hope this help.

Lye

0 Kudos

Is SE16N available in all the systems?

In some systems it is showing that SE16N transaction does not exists..

Also, what is &sap_edit??..is it a profile??

Pls elaborate a bit...

points guaranteed!!

0 Kudos

I'm trying to delete entries in APO, EBP & BW systems

0 Kudos

&sap_edit is a command, similar to /h to switch on the debugger, /ex to close all session. You type that in you Command field on top left of you screen. &sap_edit let you change a table field value, even the table is non maintainable. That is why this is consider back door and not recommended. You can try it in an ECC system, go to SE16N, put in the table name, hit enter, put &sap_edit in the command window, hit enter, and then execute, you will notice all the table field can be edited now, just like an excel spreadsheet.

Unfortunately for you, SE16N is only available in R/3 or ECC only. You still have one option, also not recommended. You can write an ABAP code for direct table update. Any ABAPer can write it for you in no time. In general, Auditor will scan for the direct table update syntax. That is why this is not recommended too.

The last option, I think is the proper option will be remove the Parameter value thru SU10.

I don't want to get you into trouble, but always good to know all your options.

Hope this help.

Lye

0 Kudos

thanks for the response..well SU10 is not working for me..

i'm trying to create dialog maintainance for the table using SE11 but there i'm asked to provide function group & screen number.being a security person i'm sure what to enter..do you, by any chance, know about this??

points awarded..

0 Kudos

Try to post this question on the ABAP development site, you will get better response. Security Admin will hardly do this unless they are very ABAP savvy. I only done this once.

Good luck.

Lye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Se16 -> Once you will reach into the table USR05

in command field put /h and enter

after that you click on the field and edit the table

Not sure this will help you but try ...

Rakesh

0 Kudos

I'm doing this by creating a maintainance dialog for USR05 table.

Thanks for all the responses..