cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I have specified a material determination in trans.code VB11.

Is it possible somehow to use the material that was substituted without the substitution taking place? I need to make some orders in VA01 using the "old" material without removing the determination.

/ H

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i Have check ur condition But it will get automatically change if u maintain condition record in VB11.

Even after replacing if u enter ur old no. it will again change with new one.

think u have to deactivate that condition record for timebeing while creating sales order with old material.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material Determination

- A method to determine the material to be used in the sales order. Material determination uses the condition technique to swap one material for another when certain conditions apply. It is triggered by the material entered in the line item of the sales order.

- IMGSDMaterial DeterminationMaintain prerequisites for material determination –Maintain field catalog, create condition table, Maintain access sequences, define condition types, and maintain material determination procedure. Lastly create your condition records with valid dates and substitution reasons.

- Creating a condition record: Logistics, SD, Master data, Products, Material determination, Create [VB11].

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your old material is also in the substitution list and is in the first place, then it may allow..alternatively you can try adding the old material in the first line using vb11 to see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

I feel that you can do that as,during material substitution in a sales order,the system uses the material determination type to determine which fields are used as the source and reference fields.

Anyways do wait or check for any other posting.

You can also check in QAS as what the system is saying if you take the old material.

Hope it helps.

SriRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m not sure I understand what you mean. If I use the old material it automatically changes to the new material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

So its clear,it cannot be used in that way.

Hope it helpd

SriRam