cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat File IDOC -> ECC, segment defn x in IDoc type y CIM type do not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on idoc flat file > sap scenario. Everything seems to be working up until the point where I get an error message:

EDISDEF: Port EDIPORT segment defn E2FINBU000 in IDoc type FIDCCP01 CIM type do not exist

I've loaded the meta data, and the file structure is fine. I believe the issue is related to PI not having the idoc I'm interested in listed in WE30. How do I reference the standard IDOC type FIDCCP01? Ideas I've had are around SWCV or transport from another system, the first I'm not sure which SWCV, the later seems a bit of a bodge and I dont like the idea.

Thanks

James.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the metadata in IDX2 for IDOC type FIDCCP01 in PI.

Also re-import the same in IDX2.

Reimport the IDOC type into Integration Repository under your SWCV.

Then check it..

Refresh the cache also.

Hope it works,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. Have tried but no effect. Im still thinking the IDOC needs to be visible in we30, not just idx2.

Cheers,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm.. some light for the situation. Seems that the segments imported are:

E1FINBU E2FINBU 31I

E1FINBU E2FINBU001 40A

E1FINBU E2FINBU002 40B

E1FINBU E2FINBU003 45A

E1FINBU E2FINBU004 45B

E1FINBU E2FINBU005 46A

E1FINBU E2FINBU006 46C

Which indeed does not have E2FINBU000, which the IDOC is most definitely trying to pass. I can only guess that the middleware producting this IDOC is flawed, and that standard SAP ALE will accept this as E2FINBU (It works into another SAP system without XI).

Guess I've answered my own question, but feel free to offer light for points

Thanks,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the mystery deepens, as WE19 imports the IDOC data fine, transposing the 000 with blank, so it fits the segment definition fine. This step is skipped by RSEIN00 / IDOC_INBOUND_FROM_FILE.

Isnt SAP great at times!

James.