cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/SYSDIR - Entry not found for Logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys...

I have upgraded a new SCM 5.0 box from a database copy of APO Production. Ran the BDLS to convert the logical system pointing to Quality box. The challenge I am facing is to define a Distribution Definition in SPRO for Planned Independent Requirements. One of the values required in the Publication Definition is 'Logical System'. I need to point this APO Quality system to R/3 Quality system.

Since this happened to be an upgrade from an APO production database, this does not have the R/3 Quality system in the list of Logical Systems when I do the drop down. All it has is the logical system name of the APO Quality System (Self) and R/3 Production System.

When I create a new entry by manually entering the logical system name of R/3 Quality System, it says no entry found in /SAPAPO/SYSDIR. My question is, how do I populate this directory with the logical system name of R/3 Quality system? Your answer at the earliest will be highly appreciated with correct points.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Location in APO is nothing bu the Plant Master Data ( Or Vendor Master, Customer etc)

Goto Transaction- /sapapo/loc3 to view both the plants JNa and JWA

I think that you would have to define the integration mdoels which define what data( MASTER and TRNSACTIONAL) has to flow from R3 and APO and vice versa.

Contact your APO Functional Team to set these up for the new logical system(SCM Quality) in the transactions- CFM1 and CFM2 and define the data which has to flow between the systems ( R3 and APO)

For your 2 locations:

Follow these steps in the meanwhile with the help of APO Functional Guy

(1) Define the CONNECTIVITY steps which I have mentioned in the previous reply in R3 Quality

(2)Goto transaction- CFM1

Enter a model name- LOC( Any Name)

Enter a logical system- SCM Quality

APO Application- Lo(Any NAme)

Select PLants check box and

IN the right hand side- General selection options input the 2 locations- JNA and JWA in the Plant Field

Save this and execute and then save it.

(3) Goto CFM2 and automatically you should see the same model as you deifned in CFM1.

Execute this.

The above steps make sure that the Location( Or PLant) master data is sent over to APO Quality.

Now the source system should have been changed on the location masters in APO.

Hopefully this should resolve the issue and you will be able to enter a publication type for your locations- JNA and JNW

There are many other steps which you need to do apart from these for your entire setup.

Good Luck with this problem

Regards

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kumar, the problem is resolved with your solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are mandatory steps required.

I can suggest you an easier way by just telling you the way of creating a logical system. However I think that you should check all these and whichever is missing, please create appropriately

2.1 SAP R/3 7

2.1.1 Defining Client Administration (SAP R/3) 7

2.1.2 Defining Logical System (SAP R/3) 8

2.1.3 Assigning Logical System to Client (SAP R/3) 9

2.1.4 Creating an RFC User (SAP R/3) 9

2.2 SAP SCM 11

2.2.1 Define Client Administration (SAP SCM) 11

2.2.2 Defining a Logical System for SAP SCM (SAP SCM) 12

2.2.3 Assigning Logical System to Client (SAP SCM) 13

2.2.4 Creating an RFC User (SAP SCM) 13

2.2.5 Creating Business System Group (SAP SCM) 14

2.2.6 Assigning Logical System to Business System Group (SAP SCM) 15

The document can be found in the Building Block Library

Here is the link.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv241/BBLibrary/documentation/B02_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Good Luck and let me know If you need any other help

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Awesome !!! Thank you for your detailed response. That did help me to assign logical system to the queue. Now, I am facing another problem. Basically, I am not a APO person. I am a Basis person. Let me brief you a bit about what we are doing.

As I had mentioned before, we did an upgrade from a database copy of APO Production System (So, obviously every master data would be of production box). After the upgrade, to test the system, Our APO (functional) guys, connected the SCM 5.0 Quality (newly upgraded) Quality system to BW production (Old landscape) sytem. The BW had all the data sucked from R/3 production (Old landscape). From BW Production (Old Landscape) they uploaded all the data to SCM 5.0 Quality system (new) and ran the Forecast and they compared the forecast figures of SCM 5.0 (new) with SCM 4.0 Production (old). The figures were matching perfectly.

Now, they want to transfer the materials (PIR) from SCM 5.0 Quality (New) to R/3 Quality (Old) just to make sure the transfer happens successfully and that is what I am configuring right now. I have succeeded in assigning the logical system of R/3 Quality to the 'Distribution Definition' under 'Publication' with the help of your previous message.

Now, there is another field in the 'Distribution Definition' that says 'Location'. Right now, when I drop down the 'Location' field, it gives me two values 'JNA' and 'JWA'. But, once again I guess these values belongs to the R/3 Production because, this system got upgraded from APO Production which was pointing to R/3 Production in the 'Distribution Definition' and also when I assign these values and save the newly created 'Distribution Definition', it gives me a warning at the bottom as follows: "Location JNA originates from source system 'R/3 Production' and distr to the targ system 'R/3 Quality' ". And it would not let me save the newly created Distribution Definition.

I really am not sure what is meant by 'Location' here as I am a basis person. And what do I have to do to correctly point the location to R/3 Quality system?

Once again thank you for your efforts to help me.

Thank you.