cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why pricing is persumed difficult and pricing experts difficult to find

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to pricing and have gone through the elements of conditions techniques, Condition Table/Types/Records/AS/Procedures. Price/Disc/Surcharges/Freights

VK11/VK12/VK32 etc.

Why is pricing called so complex and consultants at a premium.

Some examples of calculation logic experienced by you might help

Is this something which goes into ABAP coding part, which is complex or as a functional consultant something I am missing here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i dont know if pricing is really complex topic alone, but then each of the topic talks business and equally critical. That we cant relax say with any given basic function out of SD. The subject as a whole is quite deep and vast.

Ofcourse pricing is one of the most imp things in an SD consultatns aromoury. Becuase the entire business finally boils down to selling and making profit and its pricing which affects all the other actions. So pricing is done with that much care. An issue relating an enhancement, report or layout correction is not that serious. But a mistake at pricing would change the course of business.

And generally for configuring taxes clients use third party softwares. So an interface needs to be developed properly.

my opinion, its a very critcal topic and key to the business. Guess this complexity is making the things difficult.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore