cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects 4.0 - Alerts - Threshold values

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to set the severities and threshold values by which I get to see the icons (that I have set) for the threshold value violations in 'Evaluations'.

How do I configure the settings for alerts? What I mean is, for the same threshold value violations (as the ones indicated in the 'Evaluations', how do I get emails notifying the person responsible for the project element that certain threshold value has been violated.

I am able to get the email when a checklist is complete. The person responsible for the checklist is notified about this. I am looking for similar notifications for the threshold values set.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

then in 'Define Severity' you need to maintain an alert category for evaluation. Afterwards you can use program DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO.

Cheers

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Afterwards you can use program DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO.

If you set the configuration against Project Type for 'Check for Threshold Value Violations' to 'Background; User; Save' the thresholds will be triggered:

- Whenever the above program is run

- whenever the project manager clicks 'Check'

- Whenever the Project is Saved.

Hope this helps

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul... I tried on these lines but could not get an alert. Whenever I set the alert manually, I get an alert (on the email-id set for the responsible role). However, any of the other means - running the prgram; clicking 'Check' and/or 'Saving' the project is not helping.

Must be something silly I am missing on. Any idea??

Thanks again...

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

- need to maintain an alert category in customizing (Define Severity)

- schedule eMail job (SCOT)

- check the settings for alert server (transaction ALRTCATDEF)

That's what I can recall. Cheers, Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your inputs. I have done each of these I guess. When I set the "Set Severity Manually" under Status tab page (for any of the project elements), the system sends an alert to the person responsible for the project element.

However, I would like these alerts to be sent automatically. What I mean is: Whenever the threshold value is vioated for any of the set severities, the system should automatically send an alert to the person responsible for the item without having to manually set the severity.

Is this possible? If yes, how??? Thanks for inputs/reading the query...