cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of type BAPIRETURN1 is unknown - BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I have a scenario to input SalesOrders from a legacy app. One of the return structures, RETURN, is of type BAPIRETURN1. When I run the scenario, in the response mapping, I get this error <i>"Parameter RETURN has type "BAPIRETURN1" which is unknown"</i>. Is there a way to use this parameter in the return mapping?

thanks!

roberti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to write a wrapper for the BAPI and point the return to the new wrapper return and use the same in mapping.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SriHari,

I thought about it. Let me explain a little bit more...

The only information I need from this bapi that is not at version <b>2</b> is the ORDER_SCHEDULE_EX structure. If I will need to write a wrapper to version <b>1</b> to get the RETURN structure, I think it would be better to make a wrapper to version <b>2</b> to put the ORDER_SCHEDULE_EX as a parameter. What do you think about?

thanks!

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That would be better. Write a wrapper for the version 2.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Is there another way (instead of writing a wrapper) to solve this?

About writing the wrapper, we are creating wrappers using proxies (generated at tx sproxy for the message interfaces created in XI). Is this the better way to write wrappers to XI -> SAP scenarios?

thanks!

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using proxies then you can do the code handling in the proxy itself than writing again a separate wrapper for the BAPI...and calling the same back again.

If you think this is being reused then create a public method in the same proxy and accordingly make it available across for all other proxies.

Its a matter of choice.. create a wrapper and call it or do the changes in proxy because you have better control there... for the business scenario in question.

Is that what you are asking for.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I think we will go by this way.

Thank you very much SriHari,

Cheers!

roberti

Answers (0)