cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to import or delete transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the transport mechanism , 1 month ago something has changed during a hardware conversion.

what i found was that te owner of the /usr/sap/trans dir was wrong and the path to the transport directory was wrong in the profile

changed it , but still got problems to import a transport

R3trans and tp connect are working , in sm59 the rfc connections working

but when a want to remove or import a transport it hangs with tp user check

when i want to read the TMS alertfile i get the message unable to open SLOG0720.P30 , this is because it's not there only the SLOG0720.S30 is created

anny suggestions

Andre Hoornweg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

Check if <sid>adm has proper access/file permissions for transport directory.

Might be because of that.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Acces rights and owner are ok voor the tranport dir

Andre

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

SLOG0720.P30 is the file for your P30 system. It is not created since you would have not done any imports in P30 system.

What error are you exactly getting? Also by changing profile do you mean system profile or transport profile ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

the profile i mean the transport profile ,

I imported to the buffer 2 transports last week , but when i tried to import it into the system i get messages ( unable to open SLOG719.P30 )

i checked on Unix level and saw that the owner of the transport dir was changed , i let it change back to the real owner.

i get the same message after this change , investigated and found that the transport dir in the profile was wrong also (this is a large ISU CRM customer with a lot of systems ISU db = 10TB CRM = 6TB).i can do tp connect R3trans no problems , in STMS i can check everything , the only thing i can't is tp delfrombuffer or tp import in STMS also impossible (it hangs with tp user check)

maybe the problem with these 2 transports is , i put them in the buffer before i did the changes

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

>Please goto RZ11 and let me know the value of profile parameter DIR_TRANS.It should be /usr/sap/trans.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto STMS -->> Select perticular request and delete(option available in Menu).

create new request and try importing them.

Also if it says it's locked you need to unlock the logs associated with them and then try deleting the requests.

regards and reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

the transdir by us for this system is transWAS and its ok , for the ISU systems its

trans

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i do this it hangs in tp user check , there is no log vailable

greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andre,

Try to check the permission on file /usr/sap/trans/buffer/<SID>, make sure the owner is <SID>adm. If it is not, then change it to <SID>adm

Kindly informed me on the result

Regards,

Anggana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We solved the problem , was a nfs file handle pointing to the /usr/sap/trans dir

kill the nfs daemons and remount nfs file systems because umount was not working

(file system in use)

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

Please resditribute the TMS. Next thing is in case you had an import job running please delete it and reschedule it and then see how it works.

Actually after hardware migration SE06 check is done which deletes TMS RFC destinations and then recreates them.

Please cancel the import job if any has been running and retry again.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

I tried this but still got the problem

best regards,

Andrre