Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

submitting data into SAP?

Ok so.

On my current project i have to do research on SAP and Adobe Interactive Forms.

My goal is to have a fully functional Interactive Form which sends data from the form to the SAP database.

The past few weeks i have installed and configured the SAP environment with ADS, J2EE etc to get it all going.

I dont have any experience with ABAP, there for i choose for Netweaver Developer Studio with the JAVA based Webdynpro.

I am using SAP Netweaver Developer Studio to create the form.

After all this i started to execute a few tutorials and watch eClasses from the eLearning section.

After completing this tutorial https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4fd2d690-0201-0010-de83-b4fa0c93e1a9

I dont see any interaction with the SAP system.

The implemented code to show the input from the form on the window. Has nothing to do with a database or backend, its just a message that the data from the textfields was received correclty.

Code:

<i>String name = wdContext.currentTraveDataElement().getEmployeeName();

String costcenter = wdContext.currentTraveDataElement().getCostCenter();

String city = wdContext.currentTraveDataElement().getDestinationCity();

String country =

wdContext.currentTraveDataElement().getDestinationCountry();

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getMessageManager().reportSuccess(

"Form submitted: Name="

+ name

+ " costcenter="

+ costcenter

+ " city="

+ city

+ " country="

+ country);</i>

My question is how do i submit the data from a form (like a text field) in to a database in the SAP sytem.

Is this only doable with a BAPI?

What i learned at scool with SQL and JAVA etc.

are basic commands like (insert "costcenter", "country" INTO database)

How do i create a command/procedure/function(/BAPI?) like that so that when the user clicks the "Submit to SAP" button the query is executed and all the input from the textfields is inserted into the SAP database?

I think that in this tutorial

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1bbc91c3-0401-0010-91bc-a25b2a3dff19

there is explained how this is done but the sample project template is unavailable and i cant download it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question