cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Proxy communication is adapterless. Then why do we use XI adapter??

XI adapter resides on adapter engine. then how proxies bypass adapter engine??

Avoid links plzz..

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using Client ABAP proxy (Sender Proxy), then it is not required. If you are using Server proxy, then it is required.

You can see list of adapters which requires sender agreement-manadatory sender agreements

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b1/f29e7a56e18a439984a3c6630951d2/content.htm

The use of adapter here is to communicate the Integration Server with respective ApplcatioN System. ie, R.3 or any SAP system which is configured as an Application System to the XI.

Proxies communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP . SO you need to mention the integration server to point/connect to correct application system during runtime.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/85/78af1bf407434796aaf8dbd6d4e7b7/content.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conflict in ideas????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

File-XI-File uses XI adapter or not??

Plz ans only if u r very sure of ur ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

coummunication b/w AE and IE takes place internally thru XI adapter i guess

may be someone can confirm this.,

Regards

krishna

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i was wondering the same !!!

But then i really dont find a reason to use XI adapter in a File -> XI -> File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep

Definitely , only File adapter _

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>coummunication b/w AE and IE takes place internally thru XI adapter i guess

No. Refer /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi by Siva Maranani. Step 8.

<i>On successful SLD look up, the message is sent via HTTP to the XI IS pipeline, using the pipeline URL (http://hostname:abap-httpport/sap/xi/engine?type=entry). . If this is successful, a message “The message was successfully transmitted to endpoint http://hostname:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW” is logged and the message statues is set to DLVD means message has been successfully delivered to the endpoint( XI IS in this case)</i>

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i><b>Step 7:</b></i>

<i><b>The XI adapter</b> performs a SLD look up (System landscape Directory) to find the Integration server with which the Adapter framework has register itself.</i>

Xi adapter is involved right??

Message was edited by:

Krishnamoorthy Ramakrishnan

Message was edited by:

Krishnamoorthy Ramakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishnamoorthy,

I beleived Xi adapter was not used till now for these scenarios. but, this makes me rethink as well:-). Will update this thread, if I find any standard SAP documentation on this.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Sure do..please

Thanks

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following should be true about XI adapter

The message that reaches IE of XI is SAP specific SOAP message this

SAP SOAP XML is generated by XI Adapter.

XI engine is capable of understanding this specific XML which comes from

XI Adapter . <b>so this makes XI Adapter necessary</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some points from my side...

First of all lets try to understand what all things adapters do..

Among other things...

1) Convert external format to XML or vice versa,

2) Used for transportation to Integration Engine.

Now proxy is called adaperless communication because in proxy XI adapter is used which simply has the integration engine path,ie the path where the XML message needs to be posted.

Cheers,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit

What do you think about <b>XI adapter</b> being used in all scenarios??

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

No clear answer to your question , some ppl wud say yes some no....

But the fact is that every other adapter uses the same path as mentioned in the XI adapter to post the message ie integration engine entry path....

So in a way you can say it does use XI adapter.

Regards,

Sumit

points ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Thanks 4 explaining..

Greg has to give you the points for your involvement...:) I dont think i can reward you the points...

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Cheers,

Sumit

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ref:

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when we use XI adapter, we always use proxies and when we use proxies (receiver) we always use XI adapter?

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg

Client proxy is nothing but a appl/program which is generating/submitting a request to the target...hence in this case we will not require xi adapter. but in the other case server proxies responds to the request. it might potentially mean processing the message or even send a response of the processed message. so in this case to identify the system where the server proxies is located we need a xi adapter wherein we specify the login credentials. in client proxy it is not required as it is addressed interms of rfc connectivity

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

basically;

XI adapter is used to communicate within Integration Engine.

It is mainly used in PCK integration and it is required if you are sending data from Integration Engine to any Application system via ABAP proxy(if you are using ABAP proxy as Receiver then it is required)

Ref:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e1/091640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

But my question was..

XI Adapter and Proxies are always interdependent or not?? i.e. we should always use XI adapter when there is a proxy scenario (server)??.. and always use proxy when we are using XI adapter???

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> we should always use XI adapter when there is a proxy scenario (server)?

True.

>>and always use proxy when we are using XI adapter???

Not neccesarily. Xi adapter is also configured when communicating with a PCK or while communicating with another XI server.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

we should always use XI adapter when there is a proxy scenario (server)??

No, Only when using inbound/server proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

always use proxy when we are using XI adapter???

No , u can use also Xi adapter to connect to PCK without the need for any proxies

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI adapters facilitate Proxies.

So in that case

<i>we should always use XI adapter when there is a proxy scenario (server)??</i>

>>>

yes, in case of such a scenario u use a XI adapter.

<i>always use proxy when we are using XI adapter</i>

>>

an XI adapter basically can be used for various purposes as mentioned earlier. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/091640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htmSending data via proxies to/from XI is also one of the task it does

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last doubt...

Does a simple File-XI-File scenario also uses XI adapter???

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO

File scenarios use file adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI adapter is used within XI for communication b/w AE and IE. So, regardless of proxy/not proxy, XI has to use it.

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mean to say that even in file-XI-file scenario, Xi adapter is used?