cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice splits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing the same thing in 2 different systems but they are behaving differently.

I have 2 line items in SO and each of them have different Ship-to's.

Hence 2 separate deliveries are created.

now since the payer partner fn. is same, i want to create a single invoice for these 2 deliveries.

In VF04, i am able to create a single invoice in one system but in the other system, an invoice split is occuring.

I tried to find the difference but could not find anything. the tax jurisdiction of both the ship-to's are same.

Can you help me give leads as to where i should look for. What other things make an invoice split?

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

Check for the Business data like Payment Terms and Incoterms. If they are different then it will do a invoice split.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses.

I think my case could be what Atul has asked to check.....Receiving point

Since my Ship-to's are different, the receiving points are also different. I'll check and let the group know.

Since all replies helped me to analyse the problem, i'll try distributing points.

Thanks

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As a rule, the system combines into one billing document all transactions for the same customer, default billing date and sales organization.

If data from the related reference documents differs in the header fields of the billing document, the system will automatically split the invoice.

An order contains terms of payment at header as well as item level. These are stored only at header level in the billing document, however. If there are different terms of payment in the reference documents, an invoice split will always be made.

If data from the related reference documents differs in the item fields of the billing document, the system does not split the invoice.

The order basis is stored at header level in the order and at item level in the billing document. The system does not split the invoice. If you require an invoice split, you must first define the appropriate split requirements in Customizing for copying control. Copying control depends on the following criteria:

Billing Document Type

reference document type (i.e. type of order, delivery or billing document on which the sales document is based)

item category in the reference document

You can also display a split analysis to discover why an invoice split has occurred

hope it helps find the reason. Pl reward if it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

Check for these things apart from Incoterms and Terms of Payment the following things can cause an invoice split.

1) Department

2) Recieving Point

3) Division

4) Distribution Channel.

if these things are different it can lead to an invoice split. Reward with points if this helps you please.

Regards

Atul Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the collective invoice at first instance don't save the document by selecting Individual document,but select simulation option.Here you will be able to check the split analysis.In split analysis system will definetly show the fields which caused the invoice split.

Also you can do the invoice split analysis for the splited invoice.Go to VF03 enter 1'st invoice number,Go to environment,Split analysis,Enter 2'nd invoice number and enter.Here also system will show you the relavant fields which caused the invoice split.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aribis,

If the Incoterms or Payment terms at the header level for both the deliveries do not match then the Invoice split can take place.

It may also happen due to a small mistake like using capital and small case alphabets.

To drill down to the error, go to VF01 and enter the 2 delivery numbers and press enter.If there is an error a log will be generated.

Check the Log.The Log rightfully displays the possible reason for the invoice split.

ALso let me know if, this is an <b>export scenario</b> as the procedure will be different then.I have worked on this issue previously.

In case of domestic orders it should match perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Invoice split only occurs when the Payer or the Payment terms at item level and header level are different .

Check for the same.

Hope it will help.

Thanks