cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using WAS 7.00 SP11. When ever we deploy an application with out RFC function calling our application was running successfully. But I have to call BAPI in my application, for that I have created JCO Connection . After creating the JCO Connection, message displayed as ..........

<i>JCo destination 'WD_F4Model_MODELDATA_DEST' was successfully created in SLD</i>

After teting the JCO connection message displayed as ....

<i>com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=server2 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=PRO MSSERV=sapmsPRO PCS=1 ERROR Group PUBLIC not found TIME Mon May 14 15:53:10 2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 4288 DETAIL LgIGroupX COUNTER 1 </i>

I have searched for SDN and got a response.

<i><b>I think your logon group in the backend called SPACE is pointing to localhost. So, the load balancer is telling the portal to go to localhost port 3305.</b></i>

But how where to check this logon group information, how to set this to my WAS.

My WAS is on one machine and message server ( R/3) is on another machine.

Any body help me how to solve this error..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction ST 11. Open the file dev_ms. Check which port your message server is listening to (There will be a line- I listen to port )and add that entry in the services file.

Check in transaction SMLG whether the group Public is active there will be a green signal beside the group name.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error comes when you dont have defined logon groups in r3.

In JCO you have defined logon group as PUBLIC but seems that this doesnt exist in r3, check in tcode SMLG , if you get PUBLIC logon group.

If dont then you can create the PUBLIC logon group.

regards

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw30b/helpdata/en/c4/3a64b4505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm">link</a> to see how configure Logon Groups in the back-end.

Probaly the logon group configuration is point to localhost, like you said!

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

I have creted Logon Group, and the details are...

HostName ....server2

ServiceName....sapmsPRO

MessagePort....3600

LogonGroups...public

LogonGroups...space

Stilll giving he same error message...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In this scenario , please install SAPGUI logon pad in the Web AS server ..

Go to Groups , and enter parameters and see if any groups are displayed.

If they are displayed , now check the connection again.

If its not , add entries of message server in host file and messageserverport in services file.

If none of these works, check with R/3 admin if your user has proper access to the group.. ! It might be a permission related issue.

Thanks and Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by:

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

I have checked in goups, there i found two groups. I have tried with both groups still the same error.

Also i have checked with R/3 admin, the user which i am using has all previliges to access.

Any help please.....

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Is the entry <b>sapmsPRO</b> in the service file set with the right message number port? Check it, because it shoulde be working!

One question, what is the system number of the PRO system?

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

These are the details of R/3 system.

HostName ....server2

Ser viceName....sapmsPRO

MessagePort....3600 and

As you asked me .. System Number is ..........00

I have any entry in service file of WAS as ....... sapmsPRO 3601/tcp

Thanks

Murthy.

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I have just one entry to each message server. Take away with this entry. Did you test without this entry sapmsPRO 3601/tcp?

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

When you say that the instance number is 00 how can your port be 3601?. Change your entry in services file to <b>sapmsPRO 3600/tcp</b> (i.e 3600 + Instance number) and restart your system.

Also, go to saplogon and select your system to generate groups. See if the two groups you've mentioned are listed.

Bala