cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC's in solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are at the beginning of setting up solution manager here. When we try to configure the rfcs to all our system and clients we keep getting errors.

So far I have tried to set up the connections the old way in sm59 and creating the users etc on all the target systems. However Solution manager does not use these ever though they work correctly.

I abandoned this idea of using sm59 and used instead the rfc wizard in transaction system. This creates the rfc connections and the users on the target systems. However we still get errors referring to trusted systems. Plus it always brings us to a logon screen where we must enter a password 3 times.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we are doing wrong or at least point us in the right direction on how to set up rfc connections in solution manager.

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You are actually on the right path.You have to use the RFC Wizard to generate the RFC's to satellite system and back to solution manager system.When you click on the generate button it will ask you to logon to the satellite system 3 times and once into the solution manager system.(4 times in total).RFC's generated have to be trusted so that you don't have to enter user name and password every time you log on to the satellite system.

For this you need to follow the following steps

1.User with same name in both the Solution Manager and Satellite system.

2.Authorization for Trusted system login i.e. the roles SAP_S_RFCACL or if the role is not there the profile S_RFCACL will work.

3.This you have to do both in the satellite system as well as solution manager system.

If you follow these steps you can configure the RFC's easily.

Feel free to revert back for any furthur assistance.

Reward points if helpful.

Best Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What Amit has said is absolutely correct....but if you do not have to use wizard you can also manually create them..You have to just go with the option of generate user and password...untick the load balancing box....check the box stating " Use RFC to monitoring " and generate the RFC. You will be asked for password into satellite system thrice and into the solution manager system once to generate the back RFC...The RFC's will be created.

But if there is any error in trusted login just make sure the following steps.

1) There is a same user created in both the system i.e. solution manager and Satellite system.

2) The user in the satellite system should have the profile S_RFCACL or role SAP_S_RFCACL and in case if both profile and role does not exists make sure to create manually the role with authorisation object S_RFCACL using TC PFCG.

Hope this will help you out.

Thanks

Manas

Message was edited by:

Manas Srivastava

Answers (0)