cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control APD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to the .NET stuff and I'm wondering if it is possible to control the analytical process designer from within a .NET project.

We would like to let the User choose some analysis values and fire the analytical process thru the .NET project.

Possible or Impossible?

Thanks,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

the analytical process designer is an application that is started from within the SAPGUI.

What do you exactly mean with "to let the User choose some analysis values and fire the analytical process thru the .NET project.".

Best regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi André,

Thanks for your reply!

What we would like to do is to have an (.NET) application which kind of "simulates" a scoring-analysis in the APD. The User should be able to choose several values he wants the customers to be scored by, maybe based on an existing APD-Model. After that, the score should be calculated and written in the attribute.

So the question is: is it possible to get and set apd-models or even set up new apd-models through .NET?

We would like to avoid having the user use several systems (choose score-values, execute the apd-model and visualize the results somewhere else) in order to do that.

Hope now it became clearer?!

Thanks & regards,

Stephan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_kruck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

unfortunately, there is no API (RFC or the like) to control APD from outside: You can not create and modify analysis processes (models), and you can not execute them and get their results. More precise, "getting their result" means to directly access the result without persisting it in some APD target.

I suppose, your request can be solved when APD would expose its functionality as web services (or RFC). But this would need to be implemented.

Cheers,

Thomas