cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Netweaver or ERP 2005 ? confused....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i have spent a few days trying to understand the landscape of this whole installation sequence.

I have installed SQL server 2005 on my Windows 2003. After that i'm completely lost on what i should do next. There seems to be information overload in the market place and i hope someone can assist in a high level manner.

My ultimate purpose is to be able to implement the SAP Access Controls applications but even before that i want to sort out what i should be installing on the Netweaver portion.

After installing the DB, i started installing Netweaver 2004s SR2 and hit multiple differnet kinds of error. Then a ex-colleague told me that installing ERP 2005 will already include everything. Do i install all over again? Does ERP 2005 really contain 'everything'?

Hope someone can help shed some light and save me some nightmares....

Cheers!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi when you start the Installation from your INST Master

select SCS (central service Instance)

this will install your Central Instance, Database Instance, later on wht ever you want to install please check the boxes for Ex BI, PI, EP

you want with java, or only Abap you can select the parameters

if you need any more help please do let me know

i hope this will be usefull

regards

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

Can please elaborate what is "SAP Access Control", then i may be able to Guide u.

thanks

zeeshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan, thanks for your reply. The access control is referring to the SAP GRC applications like Compliance Calibrator, access enforcer etc... they all sit on top of netweaver/abap and therefore i am trying to get both of them up and running before i can even think of installing the Access controls... Would appreciate any guidance here.

Cheers!!